Creeepy Stephen Miller wants to change America for the worse

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did you even read that?
Submit ONE OF THE FOLLOWING. As long as you’ve been in Mexico a few times you qualify as a “frequent traveler”.
And what you provided is a personal account of how one guy went about it. Show me the Mexican government demanding ALL those strict criteria to be consider for immigration.
Not to mention that Mexico does honor its commitment to international refugee laws. There’s a difference between those requesting residency and those requesting asylum. While Mexico (and America too, actually) demands certain criteria like economic solvency for those seeking residency out of preference, those seeking asylum are exempt from those requirements.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47 pm That’s completely false. I’m an American, living in Mexico, now with dual citizenship and I didn’t need to have any degree to become a citizen.
In fact, Mexico is a very popular retirement destination for Americans. You can certainly stretch a dollar here. They certainly don’t have to prove any usefulness to live here. They just do it on their retirement funds. Some are even illegally living in Mexico, but we’re certainly not hunting them down for deportation.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 pm If anyone cares to actually research, look at immigration policies for other countries. They ALL, including Mexico, have standards to the effect that you need to be a productive member of their society and be able to take care of yourself, not come in and be a drain on the tax payers. Mexico, I believe, will only accept you if you have a degree in certain fields such as technology.

There are literal BILLIONS of OUR tax dollars that are spent passing out all forms of public aid to people coming here. This is a measure aimed at saving YOUR money. It would enable more available funds to apply to things like the VA, to better support our heros who have served our country, etc. It's not just some random decision.

Why are other countries, including Mexico and Canada, allowed to set minimum standards for people who choose to relocate?

Why is the US expected to fling the front door open and just welcome in people to come put a further drain on our already stretched resources, without knowing If those coming will ever be capable of standing on their own and contributing back? What's wrong with making sure that people will be capable of taking care of themselves without assistance?
This isn't criteria? Regarding the comment about the degree said I thought it MIGHT be Mexico. It could have been Canada. I looked at a few countries, so I specifically stated might.

The clear point of my comment is that ALL other countries have criteria. They all make sure you aren't going to come drain their system. They all make sure that you can stand on your own or that you have a legitimate reason for being there. That was very clearly what my comment was related to. Self sufficiency.

This is just for temporary residency, under 4 years. This is from a person's blog that actually went through this process.

This certainly looks like criteria to me.

Step 1 is an interview.

Submit one of the following assumptions: In conjunction with the requested conditions of stay, the visitor must submit an additional requirement of one of the following assumptions:

-Proof of Property in the country where visa is requested, -economic solvency,
-invitation by a Mexican institution,
-scientific or educational research for work in Mexico,
study in Mexico,
-relative of a Mexican national or resident in Mexico,
-frequent traveler,
-visitors in an adoption process;
-employee representative directed to give advice to a Mexican company,
-investor,
-owner of property in Mexico,
and all the assumptions designated by the Law.

So, number 7 is the most important. This one is where you need to read this page to see which one you fall under and can prove the paperwork needed to meet it. I chose A which is what most people choose.

a. Economic Solvency:

1. Original and photocopy of investments or bank accounts with a monthly average equivalent to five thousand days of minimumwage valid in Mexico City (aprox. $22,000 USdls.), during the last twelve months.

2. Original and photocopy of proof of employment or pension with monthly income free of tax equivalent of three hundred days of minimum wage in Mexico City (aprox. 1,300.00 USdls.), for the last six months

How to Get Your Temporary Resident Visa for Mexico (Step by Step, Merida INM)

I emailed the consulate to ask about this as I’m a freelancer and would be able to show my bank statement, but I would not be able to show proof of employment. They said having just number 1 was okay.

Basically, they want to know you have money before you come to live in Mexico.

I printed out 12 months of bank statements from Charles Schwab.

She went through every single one. It’s a HUGE stack of paperwork. I also had letters from my top partners from my blog and proof of payments from work, but she didn’t need any of that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm Did you even read that?
Submit ONE OF THE FOLLOWING. As long as you’ve been in Mexico a few times you qualify as a “frequent traveler”.
And what you provided is a personal account of how one guy went about it. Show me the Mexican government demanding ALL those strict criteria to be consider for immigration.
Not to mention that Mexico does honor its commitment to international refugee laws. There’s a difference between those requesting residency and those requesting asylum. While Mexico (and America too, actually) demands certain criteria like economic solvency for those seeking residency out of preference, those seeking asylum are exempt from those requirements.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47 pm That’s completely false. I’m an American, living in Mexico, now with dual citizenship and I didn’t need to have any degree to become a citizen.
In fact, Mexico is a very popular retirement destination for Americans. You can certainly stretch a dollar here. They certainly don’t have to prove any usefulness to live here. They just do it on their retirement funds. Some are even illegally living in Mexico, but we’re certainly not hunting them down for deportation.

This isn't criteria? Regarding the comment about the degree said I thought it MIGHT be Mexico. It could have been Canada. I looked at a few countries, so I specifically stated might.

The clear point of my comment is that ALL other countries have criteria. They all make sure you aren't going to come drain their system. They all make sure that you can stand on your own or that you have a legitimate reason for being there. That was very clearly what my comment was related to. Self sufficiency.

This is just for temporary residency, under 4 years. This is from a person's blog that actually went through this process.

Step 1 is an interview.

Submit one of the following assumptions: In conjunction with the requested conditions of stay, the visitor must submit an additional requirement of one of the following assumptions:

study in Mexico,
-frequent traveler,
-investor,

So, number 7 is the most important. This one is where you need to read this page to see which one you fall under and can prove the paperwork needed to meet it. I chose A which is what most people choose.

a. Economic Solvency:

1. Original and photocopy of investments or bank accounts with a monthly average equivalent to five thousand days of minimumwage valid in Mexico City (aprox. $22,000 USdls.), during the last twelve months.

2. Original and photocopy of proof of employment or pension with monthly income free of tax equivalent of three hundred days of minimum wage in Mexico City (aprox. 1,300.00 USdls.), for the last six months

I emailed the consulate to ask about this as I’m a freelancer and would be able to show my bank statement, but I would not be able to show proof of employment. They said having just number 1 was okay.

She went through every single one. It’s a HUGE stack of paperwork. I also had letters from my top partners from my blog and proof of payments from work, but she didn’t need any of that.
We weren't discussing asylum. I was speaking about immigration. Asylum is a whole horse of another color.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was just making the point because it seems this whole “immigration crisis” allegations and all the anti-immigration feelings are directed towards asylum seekers.
But my first point stands- the criteria in Mexico for seeking residency is pretty lenient. Even more lenient than for America. I mean, if you think it’s harsher, then that means that any person who has visited America on a regular basis is eligible for residency without not much more to prove.
And since Mexico allows travelers to remain on the country for 180 days (that’s 6 months, compared to the 90 days allowed on America. So many ex-pats don’t even need to apply for residency. They come live here, stay six months, take a quick trip over the border and come back for another 6 months. I did that for a couple of years until Mexico allowed for dual citizenship and I didn’t have to renounce my American citizenship.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm Did you even read that?

Step 1 is an interview.

study in Mexico,
-frequent traveler,
-investor,

a. Economic Solvency:

We weren't discussing asylum. I was speaking about immigration. Asylum is a whole horse of another color.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Good one! That sounds just like the greedy snobbish mentality of the current administration and their minions.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm Maybe America should’ve found a more, err... selective person to write the poem for the Statue of Liberty...

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,”

Maybe it should be changed now to something like: “Give me your rich, your educated, Your ambitious handful yearning to crap money. The pompous refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the heartless, the privileged to me”

But of course, those who initially made America great were those tired, poor, huddled, homeless, wretched masses”. It certainly wasn’t the rich and pompous.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm

First tons of people in democratic countries who are highly educated are not trying to get here.

Second- The vast majority of people from Latino countries are from poor violent countries with crooked politicians, violent gangs, violent police, poverty and not much to offer past high school. They want to come here to get the education and the jobs.

Third - Refugees are people trying to leave a country in war. This would by Syria, Sudan, Yemen, Somalia, Nigeria to name a few. They too want to come to a peaceful country to get an education, safety and a job.

Trump is trying to eliminate these people - People mainly from Latin America, Africa, Middle East. Not so hard to understand.
So why is it ok for every other nation to have standards on who can come and live there but not for us? Why do we have to be the ones that accept all the uneducated immigrants and refugees but every other country can have income guidelines, education, age, and whatever else that Water mentioned in her copy and pastes of what other countries require?

I'm all for immigration. I'm an immigrant myself. First generation with highly educated parents that came here to give us a better life. I'm a naturlized citizen and i am middle eastern.
Why do we have to be the savior of everybody else when we can't even save the people in our own country?

Let someone else pick up the slack. Let Australia stop their "must speak English" rule and allow hispanics in. Let Germany lax their immigration policies and let people have a good life there.

Its not all about the US.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 pm Stephen Miller, whose grandfather came to America from Belarus with $8 in his pocket, makes it clear that his type are no longer welcome. Neither would Jared Kushner's grandparents who fled the holocaust to come to America. And Trump's grandparents would be barred from America too but that's not a bad thing.

This administration, run by Stephen Miller, wants to change our legal immigration policies so that the only people who can immigrate would be those who were already middle class or more, had health insurance and a skill.

English speakers will also have an easier time being approved. Again, that would leave out Stephen Miller's, Trump's and Kushner's grandfathers.

The main goal of this new proposal is to keep the brown people on the other side of the wall.
The main goal of this proposal is to keep people of any color from coming here expecting to get welfare benefits off the backs of the working people. Check out immigration policies for other countries - many others have this same type of policy in place. It protects their citizens from becoming financial slaves to support people who never contributed to the economy.
its easy enough to figure out what they are doing

And since when does this country care what other countries do? Every other democratic country has national healthcare for all. We better get working on that if we’re now taking cues from every other country.

Question - who will be doing the jobs that immigrants typically do? Who will be picking fruit? Who will replace the chicken factory workers? Who will help farmers with their crops? Who will work backbreaking sweaty jobs in kitchens, nursing homes, cleaning?

No one who supports this has answered this question.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:38 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Melania Trump’s parents became US citizens relatively recently. What did two elderly, middle class people of retirement age have to contribute to make the United States better? If it’s okay for them to move to the United States and become citizens despite having no discernible employment plans, why does Trump have a different standard for everyone else?
A lot of the high tech people recruited from India and China bring three generations with them currently.
Those high tech people definitely contribute to our country! They’re way ahead of most people!
lol, they drive down the wages of American techies. thats why bill gates was lobbying for more HB1 visas for indians.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 pm Stephen Miller, whose grandfather came to America from Belarus with $8 in his pocket, makes it clear that his type are no longer welcome. Neither would Jared Kushner's grandparents who fled the holocaust to come to America. And Trump's grandparents would be barred from America too but that's not a bad thing.

This administration, run by Stephen Miller, wants to change our legal immigration policies so that the only people who can immigrate would be those who were already middle class or more, had health insurance and a skill.

English speakers will also have an easier time being approved. Again, that would leave out Stephen Miller's, Trump's and Kushner's grandfathers.

The main goal of this new proposal is to keep the brown people on the other side of the wall.
The main goal of this proposal is to keep people of any color from coming here expecting to get welfare benefits off the backs of the working people. Check out immigration policies for other countries - many others have this same type of policy in place. It protects their citizens from becoming financial slaves to support people who never contributed to the economy.

And since when does this country care what other countries do? Every other democratic country has national healthcare for all. We better get working on that if we’re now taking cues from every other country.

Question - who will be doing the jobs that immigrants typically do? Who will be picking fruit? Who will replace the chicken factory workers? Who will help farmers with their crops? Who will work backbreaking sweaty jobs in kitchens, nursing homes, cleaning?

I am from CA, "immigrants" dominate certain industries like fruit pickers, hotels maids, fast food and construction. you know what shocked me to the core? moving somewhere w/o very many immigrants and seeing AMERICAN born people hold those jobs. americans won't take those jobs in High COL places where they have to compete with immigrants because the wages are low. amercians cant get "migrant housing" funded by the government to make up for low wages. they dont have the option of saving their money and retiring in their home country where their money goes further. if we have fewer people to choose from, wages will rise and Americans WILL take those jobs. I can tell you construction workers make a lot of money and many american citizens do want those jobs but they are discriminated against. I have personally talked to a contractor who admitted this to me.

now a question for you. what will these migrants do when automation replaces their jobs in a few short years? most of them are very uneducated. we will just have even MORE competition for low wage, low skill jobs that remain. who does that benefit?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 pm

I am from CA, "immigrants" dominate certain industries like fruit pickers, hotels maids, fast food and construction. you know what shocked me to the core? moving somewhere w/o very many immigrants and seeing AMERICAN born people hold those jobs. americans won't take those jobs in High COL places where they have to compete with immigrants because the wages are low. amercians cant get "migrant housing" funded by the government to make up for low wages. they dont have the option of saving their money and retiring in their home country where their money goes further. if we have fewer people to choose from, wages will rise and Americans WILL take those jobs. I can tell you construction workers make a lot of money and many american citizens do want those jobs but they are discriminated against. I have personally talked to a contractor who admitted this to me.

now a question for you. what will these migrants do when automation replaces their jobs in a few short years? most of them are very uneducated. we will just have even MORE competition for low wage, low skill jobs that remain. who does that benefit?
I'm sure there are plenty of rural areas in this country where only people born in America live. Not true in coastal states and never was true in coastal states. It's a different world.

And wages won't rise because Americans want their food and everything else they buy super cheap. They aren't willing to pay more. They continue to shop at Walmart with it's cheap Chinese made crap. American born people don't like to sacrifice.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 pm
water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Nwo one who supports this has answered this question.

I'm sure there are plenty of rural areas in this country where only people born in America live. Not true in coastal states and never was true in coastal states. It's a different world.

And wages won't rise because Americans want their food and everything else they buy super cheap. They aren't willing to pay more. They continue to shop at Walmart with it's cheap Chinese made crap. American born people don't like to sacrifice.
I bet she was really pissed off when POTUS signed the farm bill last December. It covers that rural housing she's all upset about.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic