On the menu soon: lab-grown steak for eco-conscious diners

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

REHOVOT, Israel (Reuters) - Diners in some upmarket restaurants will soon be able to tuck into laboratory-grown steak, thanks to an Israeli startup that seeks to tap into consumer concerns about health, the environment and animal welfare.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-food ... SKCN1UA1ES

Would you eat it?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. I live in a community that is both a fairly well developed suburb of a major city and farms. I buy our meat from a local butcher that only uses local suppliers. Plus, I’m not keen on the idea. There’s something off putting to me.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 pm No. I live in a community that is both a fairly well developed suburb of a major city and farms. I buy our meat from a local butcher that only uses local suppliers. Plus, I’m not keen on the idea. There’s something off putting to me.
I'm vegetarian so not interested. But the town I live in and the non-profit I work for strives to expand eco-friendly technology as well as sustainable agriculture. This has been a hot topic. I hate factory farming both because of the horrible health and ecological health aspects. What you are doing as far as meat purchases is just about the best you can do!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Can't say I would. Lab grown is just ... creepy. Aren't there enough engineered foods out there already?
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, Not interested in eating anything that is lab grown.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Nope. If it takes off, I can see another Monsanto in the future.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 pm No. I live in a community that is both a fairly well developed suburb of a major city and farms. I buy our meat from a local butcher that only uses local suppliers. Plus, I’m not keen on the idea. There’s something off putting to me.
I'm vegetarian so not interested. But the town I live in and the non-profit I work for strives to expand eco-friendly technology as well as sustainable agriculture. This has been a hot topic. I hate factory farming both because of the horrible health and ecological health aspects. What you are doing as far as meat purchases is just about the best you can do!
Several of the farms do weekly market days, so all our produce is locally grown. There’s also a dairy about 2 miles from us that I get our cheese, milk, and butter from. One of the things I like about the dairy is they use glass bottles and you can trade your empty bottles in for a discount on your new purchase. I’d say a large portion of the food I buy is local. I’ve kind of become extremely spoiled over fresh and there isn’t a big difference in cost. In fact, often I find it’s less expensive buying from the local farms than buying from the chain grocery store. These farms do so much for our community, that I just do what I can to help support them.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No lab grown meat for me. I get all my beef from a local farmer.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:o
Attachments
tenor (7).gif
tenor (7).gif (402.12 KiB) Viewed 55 times
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess