Yazidi woman who won Nobel Prize pleads with Trump to help her people

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... o-help-her

Nadia Murad is an incredibly brave woman. The video is beyond cringe worthy.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, she is brave and I'm sorry for all that she had endured. I truly hope she will be able to return to her own country and start the process of rebuilding.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm Yes, she is brave and I'm sorry for all that she had endured. I truly hope she will be able to return to her own country and start the process of rebuilding.
She is Yazidi. Where should she go?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

And couldn’t he have at least pretended to care - just a little.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

His body language was so uncomfortable to watch because it truly looked like he did not care one bit.
When someone speaks to me, I maintain eye contact the whole time.
He looked like he was zoning out the entire time.
Then when he asked where her family was, right after she said they had been killed...what the hell is wrong with him??
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 pm
Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm Yes, she is brave and I'm sorry for all that she had endured. I truly hope she will be able to return to her own country and start the process of rebuilding.
She is from Iraq, right?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:39 pm
msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 pm
She is from Iraq, right?
Yes.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He usually looks like that...
YoYiggy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm His body language was so uncomfortable to watch because it truly looked like he did not care one bit.
Then when he asked where her family was, right after she said they had been killed...what the hell is wrong with him??
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

you people are so damn petty.

he DID look her in the eye repeatedly, yes he broke eye contact which momentarily, then made contact once again. He Looked like he was focusing on trying to understand her and listen through her very strong accent.

He asked her questions because he obviously was unfamiliar with who she was. He said "thats incredible" when she told him she won the nobel peace prize, thats a compliment, he asked what for because he was trying to familiarize himself with her story.

he told her he would look into it. wtf is he supposed to do on the spot with multiple people in the room also waiting to speak with him?

and the left are the ones who didnt want to give priority refugee status to religious minorities! christians and Yazidiz made up very few refugees who entered europe. the vast majority were muslims who were not being persecuted. when conservatives suggested givng priority to minorites the left screamed islamophobia.

she should have had a prearranged private meeting with him, it was awkward because I dont think he knew that was coming and was unprepared. She wasnt even sitting down with him.

perosnally, I dont think non muslim religious minorities are safe in most of the middle east. she should stay in europe, you'd think she'd want to after what she has gone through. however, if she wants to talk about how Yazidis can go back in safety, an on the spot meeting with Trump isnt going to give an immediate solution.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:47 pm He usually looks like that...
YoYiggy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm His body language was so uncomfortable to watch because it truly looked like he did not care one bit.
You know, it was even worse that typical Trump. When meeting with a group who has experienced horrendous religious persecution, he should have at least spent 5 minutes being briefed. If not, he should have kept his mouth shut. His body language was obviously that of boredom (he should have faked it). He said nothing sympathetic (he should have faked it). He didn't seem to understand who the Yazidi or the Rohingya were (he should know or fake it). I just feel such shame and sadness. He is incapable of empathy. He is truly damaged.
Locked Previous topicNext topic