President Trump’s racist history

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/ ... sm-history

Really good accurate article. There’s historical evidence of Trump’s racist attitude and actions from his past (the 1970’s )all the way to the present day.
I remember these facts well and this is why I was shocked that he actually ran for President and so dismayed that he’s in the White House now.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Interesting that Jesse Jackson praised him in the past.
A fact that gets lost in all the reaction to Trump's bullying tactics is that Trump never was considered a racist during his more than 30 years in public life before becoming president. In fact, Jesse Jackson praised Trump for donating space at 40 Wall Street for Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH Wall St. Project. Trump supported Jackson's presidential campaigns in 1984 and 1988. Jackson referred to Trump as "a serious person who is an effective builder of buildings and people ... who is willing to face the challenges and opportunities to embrace the underserved."

Al Sharpton and Trump partnered on several business and community projects throughout the 1980s and 1990s. President Trump was close to Oprah, and Don King, and too many black athletes and entertainers to even name; he traveled and socialized openly with them. He promoted sporting and entertainment showcases with black promoters and entrepreneurs. There is simply no way that Trump could have survived or thrived in liberal New York City over the decades if he did not cultivate close relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... nder%3famp
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

:?
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have never heard of him being racist before he ran for president. In fact, most of the celebrities and politicians who are claiming he is now racist were friends/business partners or socializers with him back then.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Did you read the whole article?
There are lots of examples of his racism and they have nothing to do with celebrities.
Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:33 pm I have never heard of him being racist before he ran for president. In fact, most of the celebrities and politicians who are claiming he is now racist were friends/business partners or socializers with him back then.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder why if he is so racist that he was the first Palm Beach private club to allow black members?
“When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called Mar-a-Lago, he insisted on accepting Jews and blacks even though other clubs in Palm Beach to this day discriminate against blacks and Jews. The old guard in Palm Beach was outraged that Donald would accept blacks and Jews so that’s the real Donald Trump that I know.”
That was author Ronald Kessler in a July 2015 interview with Newsmax, talking about Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s business practices when it came to building a golf course in the Deep South.
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy ... 702222.php
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seriously? You think racism boils down to access denial?
DSamuels wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:35 pm I wonder why if he is so racist that he was the first Palm Beach private club to allow black members?
“When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called Mar-a-Lago, he insisted on accepting Jews and blacks even though other clubs in Palm Beach to this day discriminate against blacks and Jews. The old guard in Palm Beach was outraged that Donald would accept blacks and Jews so that’s the real Donald Trump that I know.”
That was author Ronald Kessler in a July 2015 interview with Newsmax, talking about Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s business practices when it came to building a golf course in the Deep South.
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy ... 702222.php
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He was also a Democrat in his earlier years and touted liberal views. Supporters chalk up his sudden change to “ He is a changed man.”

By the same token, those who hung out w him also changed and no longer look the other way to his very public vitriol.
Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:33 pm I have never heard of him being racist before he ran for president. In fact, most of the celebrities and politicians who are claiming he is now racist were friends/business partners or socializers with him back then.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yep , he was a pro-life Democrat.
cgd5112 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:44 pm He was also a Democrat in his earlier years and touted liberal views. Supporters chalk up his sudden change to “ He is a changed man.”

By the same token, those who hung out w him also changed and no longer look the other way to his very public vitriol.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I mean honestly, you don't have to look past the shit that flies out of his mouth to know he is racist.
Locked Previous topicNext topic