College students surprised to learn Obama touted deportations of criminal aliens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:49 am
ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 am

Spoken like someone who truly doesn’t know, and doesn’t work with the people trying to become legal.

Isn’t it odd that the people who don’t work with immigrants think it’s so easy... and the people that do work with immigrants think it’s hard?
hehehe - you're funny thinking you know what I do and do not know. Did you hurt yourself with that reach? Seriously, it's not easy. I know it's not easy and it's also not cheap. I don't live with my head in the sand, I've been around the world and like to think I know a little more than those who sit on their ass and thrive on what the media feeds them.
Choices have consequences.
Oh good. So do I... Ive been to 23 countries , lived in three and have been a sponsor for a family to come here to live legally, as well helping my aunt become a sponsor too.

It’s both difficult and expensive, so for people who can’t afford a lawyer and the excessive fees because they work a minimum wage job ( or less ) it’s damn near impossible.
Nothing is impossible. There's a shit ton of red tape and some decisions are based on how a person feels that day which makes zero sense. It's frustrating, it is expensive, but it's not impossible. The laws need to be changed. Would have been nice for Obama to finish what he started especially when he had control of the Senate, but hey... It would also be nice if they all got off their asses and did something now, but running committees and trying to impeach the president is more important.
Our elected officials don't work for us - have never worked for us for a long time.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably because for Obama it was about upholding the law and doing what had to be done and not about making a spectacle out of the issue to egg on his bigoted followers. So he was more efficient at it.

It’s not in Trump’s best interest to get rid of illegals or to actually solve the issues at the border. He needs both to throw a fit about his stupid wall. Not to mention that he needs those undocumented workers for his resorts. It’s in his best interest to be able to claim a massive illegal immigration and border crisis, not to actually do something about it.
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:10 am I wonder why Obama had more deportations than Trump, lol.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You called them “criminals”. A criminal is someone who commits a crime, not someone who breaks the law. That’s why some individuals who break the law are called “felons”, not “criminals”.
In reality, it is a misdemeanor to enter the U.S illegally, but to overstay after a visa has expired (as is the case with so many illegal immigrants) is a civil felony, not a federal one.
And reentering the U.S illegally after deportation is a federal offense.
So none of us are “crimes”, in the legal sense of the word.

jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:43 am
msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 am

Criminal undocumented and undocumented are the same. Being undocumented is committing a crime. That's where there's a divide.
It's a civil offense not a criminal offense.
It's still an offense, that's the point. They are not legal. Period.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Once again Fox News pointing out what a miserable failure Trump is in everything he tries. Obama has him beat in getting rid of the criminal element in far greater numbers than Trump. Without bragging about it! Trump has made his whole campaign on immigration and it’s worse than it’s ever been. Complete failure and there doesn’t seem to be any solution in the near future.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm You called them “criminals”. A criminal is someone who commits a crime, not someone who breaks the law. That’s why some individuals who break the law are called “felons”, not “criminals”.
In reality, it is a misdemeanor to enter the U.S illegally, but to overstay after a visa has expired (as is the case with so many illegal immigrants) is a civil felony, not a federal one.

msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

It's a civil offense not a criminal offense.
But it will all get you deported. Illegal is still illegal - federal crime or not.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I didn't give Obama much of my time the eight years he was in office, but I do remember him talking about his deportation policy and implementing.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So you admit you made a mistake by calling them “criminals”?
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm You called them “criminals”. A criminal is someone who commits a crime, not someone who breaks the law. That’s why some individuals who break the law are called “felons”, not “criminals”.

But it will all get you deported. Illegal is still illegal - federal crime or not.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah. But he didn’t make it about hating and vilifying the people involved, which is the main difference between him and Trump. Obama made it about the illegal action. Trump is making it about the “bad hombres” from “shithole” countries who are murderers and rapists and wanting to “invade” America.
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:25 pm I didn't give Obama much of my time the eight years he was in office, but I do remember him talking about his deportation policy and implementing.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Well, that element is certainly in the mix, as evidence shows with the MS13 arrests out in California. But, he could certainly tone down the message several notches, if he wanted to.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:01 pm Yeah. But he didn’t make it about hating and vilifying the people involved, which is the main difference between him and Trump. Obama made it about the illegal action. Trump is making it about the “bad hombres” from “shithole” countries who are murderers and rapists and wanting to “invade” America.
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:25 pm I didn't give Obama much of my time the eight years he was in office, but I do remember him talking about his deportation policy and implementing.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm So you admit you made a mistake by calling them “criminals”?
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm

You didn't read everything I wrote, did you?
Locked Previous topicNext topic