College students surprised to learn Obama touted deportations of criminal aliens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So that would be a “no”, I guess 😁
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm So you admit you made a mistake by calling them “criminals”?
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm

But it will all get you deported. Illegal is still illegal - federal crime or not.
You didn't read everything I wrote, did you?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm So that would be a “no”, I guess 😁
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm So you admit you made a mistake by calling them “criminals”?

No
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm So that would be a “no”, I guess 😁

Since you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I'll break it down for you and summarize.... To many there is no difference between criminal illegals and illegals - they're still illegal and subject to deportation. Being here illegally isn't a "crime" depending on why they are here illegally and how they got here. Feel better now?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Since you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I'll break it down for you and summarize.... To many there is no difference between criminal illegals and illegals - they're still illegal and subject to deportation. Being here illegally isn't a "crime" depending on why they are here illegally and how they got here. Feel better now?
For most, there is a difference. Criminal undocumented immigrants are guilty of a state or federal crime in addition to being undocumented. Criminal undocumented immigrants are subject to prison time as well as deportation. Non-criminal undocumented immigrants are not guilty of a crime. The only punishment for being undocumented is being deported. Lumping the two together is absurd and putting crime in quotes doesn't change that. Being undocumented is not a crime regardless of why or how.

Understand now?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:57 pm
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 pm

For most, there is a difference. Criminal undocumented immigrants are guilty of a state or federal crime in addition to being undocumented. Criminal undocumented immigrants are subject to prison time as well as deportation. Non-criminal undocumented immigrants are not guilty of a crime. The only punishment for being undocumented is being deported. Lumping the two together is absurd and putting crime in quotes doesn't change that. Being undocumented is not a crime regardless of why or how.

Understand now?
I understood from the beginning, thanks. Sorry I wasn't clear. I was explaining as to where the divide comes from with many people. And no, with most, there isn't a difference. Illegal is illegal - crimes or not.
Yes, lumping together is crazy, but people are doing crazy.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm You called them “criminals”. A criminal is someone who commits a crime, not someone who breaks the law. That’s why some individuals who break the law are called “felons”, not “criminals”.
In reality, it is a misdemeanor to enter the U.S illegally, but to overstay after a visa has expired (as is the case with so many illegal immigrants) is a civil felony, not a federal one.
And reentering the U.S illegally after deportation is a federal offense.
So none of us are “crimes”, in the legal sense of the word.

jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:43 am
msb64 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

It's a civil offense not a criminal offense.
It's still an offense, that's the point. They are not legal. Period.
When did a felon not become a criminal? A felony is a classification of a crime. A misdemeanor is a classification of a crime.
Locked Previous topicNext topic