Editorial: would Trump tell white congressmen to “ go back from where you came from”?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, he would not. There are plenty of foreign-born white congresspeople who have said negative things about Trump and he has not told them to leave. He told Colin Kaepernick to leave, but not Megan Rapinoe. He's racist, you guys.
Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He didn't tell John McCain, who was born on foreign soil, to go back to where he came from. He didn't tell it to Jeff Sessions, who he had plenty to say about. He didn't tell it to John Kelly or Rex Tillerson who had said negative things about him. Didn't say it to Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Jeff Bezos, or any white man who has criticized him. Make no mistake, he's had plenty to say about all of them, but never once has he told them to go back where they came from.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I notice she opted not to answer your question. Shock.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 pm So seriously, those of you saying “well, if I didn’t like it I would leave” have no idea what that implies. Such simplistic minds, these Trump supporters. Funny how you’re not very supportive of people who do just that, lol. How would you feel if you hated the way things were done in America, tried to leave only to have your ass shipped back because your chosen country thinks you’re disgusting?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm Better than Obama was and a hell of a lot better than Hillary would have been.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm Maybe not you. I wasn’t talking about you. But your reply implied that Trump thinks that’s an acceptable reason. And you think such a jerk is a good leader?

Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm Maybe not you. I wasn’t talking about you. But your reply implied that Trump thinks that’s an acceptable reason. And you think such a jerk is a good leader?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 pm Please show me where I said anyone deserved to be stripped of citizenship. I’ll wait.

People were told they should leave if they didn’t like Obama’s policies ALL.THE.TIME.

A lot of people said if Bush was elected they’d leave. If Trump was elected they’d leave. Most, if not all, are still here.

If I go somewhere and I don’t like it then I don’t stick around complaining and saying how bad and unfair things are, I remove myself if possible.

Bottom line is, she asked if anyone thought President Trump would say the same thing to a white person. I answered that I thought he would.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm And since when is disagreement with an administration and expressing one’s discontent with certain issues a reason to strip someone from their citizenship?
In fact, is now disagreeing with Trump equal to “bitching about America”? So why didn’t all those who were against Obama’s policy leave the country then? We’re they “hating America” because they disagreed with Obama?

She implied nothing. She is right.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess the whole “if you don’t like it, just leave” idea also just applies to those who deserve a better life. Not to those from what Trump calls “shithole” countries.
I’ve read comments from the same people now supporting Trump’s comment saying that those people who come from poor and violent countries should go back and try to fix their countries.
So... if it’s America and you don’t like it, don’t you dare try to fix it, just leave.
But if it’s Honduras and you don’t like it, don’t leave, stay there where you belong and try to fix it
🧐
Anonadon wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am I notice she opted not to answer your question. Shock.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 pm So seriously, those of you saying “well, if I didn’t like it I would leave” have no idea what that implies. Such simplistic minds, these Trump supporters. Funny how you’re not very supportive of people who do just that, lol. How would you feel if you hated the way things were done in America, tried to leave only to have your ass shipped back because your chosen country thinks you’re disgusting?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm Better than Obama was and a hell of a lot better than Hillary would have been.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe that was because I just now saw it. I have a life and don’t spend all my time here.

I also took her question as rhetorical and not necessarily in need of an answer. Apparently I have a “simplistic mind” so I am sure nothing I say will be taken seriously.

Thank you so much for your concern.
Anonadon wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am I notice she opted not to answer your question. Shock.

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When Obama was president Trump called our country a laughingstock and mocked American exceptionalism. Trump claimed Putin was a much better leader than Obama.

But did democrats tell Trump if he hated America so much maybe he should move to Russia?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. He has argued with his white peers and hasn’t said that. And the wall won’t keep out illegal Europeans. This is how his racism comes out.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 pm When Obama was president Trump called our country a laughingstock and mocked American exceptionalism. Trump claimed Putin was a much better leader than Obama.

But did democrats tell Trump if he hated America so much maybe he should move to Russia?
Good points.
I’m pretty sure Democrats didn’t tell him to leave.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:47 am
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 pm Please show me where I said anyone deserved to be stripped of citizenship. I’ll wait.

People were told they should leave if they didn’t like Obama’s policies ALL.THE.TIME.

A lot of people said if Bush was elected they’d leave. If Trump was elected they’d leave. Most, if not all, are still here.

If I go somewhere and I don’t like it then I don’t stick around complaining and saying how bad and unfair things are, I remove myself if possible.

Bottom line is, she asked if anyone thought President Trump would say the same thing to a white person. I answered that I thought he would.

She implied nothing. She is right.
Do you know what “ implied” means?
Locked Previous topicNext topic