Editorial: would Trump tell white congressmen to “ go back from where you came from”?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Editorial: Would Trump tell white congressmen: 'Go back where you came from'?
http://wr.al/1Fh2J

Excellent opinion piece, gives plenty to think about.
Copied from WRAL app
( Raleigh news station)
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Thoughts?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If they were bitching about the country the way these women are I have no doubt he would.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 pm If they were bitching about the country the way these women are I have no doubt he would.
They’re not “ bitching “ about our country.
Trump is so crude and unprofessional. He behaves like a drunk old uncle at a family barbecue- no boundaries, no restraints, no brakes, just a bunch of irrational griping.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And since when is disagreement with an administration and expressing one’s discontent with certain issues a reason to strip someone from their citizenship?
In fact, is now disagreeing with Trump equal to “bitching about America”? So why didn’t all those who were against Obama’s policy leave the country then? We’re they “hating America” because they disagreed with Obama?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 pm If they were bitching about the country the way these women are I have no doubt he would.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Please show me where I said anyone deserved to be stripped of citizenship. I’ll wait.

People were told they should leave if they didn’t like Obama’s policies ALL.THE.TIME.

A lot of people said if Bush was elected they’d leave. If Trump was elected they’d leave. Most, if not all, are still here.

If I go somewhere and I don’t like it then I don’t stick around complaining and saying how bad and unfair things are, I remove myself if possible.

Bottom line is, she asked if anyone thought President Trump would say the same thing to a white person. I answered that I thought he would.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm And since when is disagreement with an administration and expressing one’s discontent with certain issues a reason to strip someone from their citizenship?
In fact, is now disagreeing with Trump equal to “bitching about America”? So why didn’t all those who were against Obama’s policy leave the country then? We’re they “hating America” because they disagreed with Obama?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe not you. I wasn’t talking about you. But your reply implied that Trump thinks that’s an acceptable reason. And you think such a jerk is a good leader?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 pm Please show me where I said anyone deserved to be stripped of citizenship. I’ll wait.

People were told they should leave if they didn’t like Obama’s policies ALL.THE.TIME.

A lot of people said if Bush was elected they’d leave. If Trump was elected they’d leave. Most, if not all, are still here.

If I go somewhere and I don’t like it then I don’t stick around complaining and saying how bad and unfair things are, I remove myself if possible.

Bottom line is, she asked if anyone thought President Trump would say the same thing to a white person. I answered that I thought he would.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm And since when is disagreement with an administration and expressing one’s discontent with certain issues a reason to strip someone from their citizenship?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:16 pm
They’re not “ bitching “ about our country.
Trump is so crude and unprofessional. He behaves like a drunk old uncle at a family barbecue- no boundaries, no restraints, no brakes, just a bunch of irrational griping.
Can’t stay on topic, can you?

I thought the topic was if he would say the same thing to a white person, not what you personally think about President Trump.

Am I wrong?

I answered that yes, I think he would.

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Better than Obama was and a hell of a lot better than Hillary would have been.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm Maybe not you. I wasn’t talking about you. But your reply implied that Trump thinks that’s an acceptable reason. And you think such a jerk is a good leader?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 pm Please show me where I said anyone deserved to be stripped of citizenship. I’ll wait.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So seriously, those of you saying “well, if I didn’t like it I would leave” have no idea what that implies. Such simplistic minds, these Trump supporters. Funny how you’re not very supportive of people who do just that, lol. How would you feel if you hated the way things were done in America, tried to leave only to have your ass shipped back because your chosen country thinks you’re disgusting?
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm Better than Obama was and a hell of a lot better than Hillary would have been.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm Maybe not you. I wasn’t talking about you. But your reply implied that Trump thinks that’s an acceptable reason. And you think such a jerk is a good leader?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic