‘They are worthy of death’: A cop preached that the government should execute LGBTQ people

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Standing at the front of the All Scripture Baptist Church in Knoxville, Tenn., Pastor Grayson Fritts had the rapt attention of his congregation. It was June 2, the first Sunday of Pride Month, and Fritts had planned a timely sermon.

For roughly an hour, Fritts, who is also a detective with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office, railed against members of the LGBTQ community –– referring to them as “sodomites,” “freaks” and “animals” –– and called on the government to carry out the proper punishment for the “capital crime.”

“They are worthy of death,” he declared in a video originally released by the church that was later shared on social media.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... c578cc6d27
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not going to pay a dollar to hear what this fool has to say. However if the four gospels are true I can certainly imagine Jesus saying to him at the end "away from me you hypocrite, for truly I don't know you".
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 pm I'm not going to pay a dollar to hear what this fool has to say. However if the four gospels are true I can certainly imagine Jesus saying to him at the end "away from me you hypocrite, for truly I don't know you".
I'm not sure what's worse - this guy being a preacher or being a detective.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 pm I'm not going to pay a dollar to hear what this fool has to say. However if the four gospels are true I can certainly imagine Jesus saying to him at the end "away from me you hypocrite, for truly I don't know you".
He doesn't have the right to be a detective and hopefully will be relieved of his duties. Of course it being a southern state, probably not.

The police oath is:
“I, do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of constable with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality,and that I will uphold fundamental human rights and accord equal respect to all people, according to law.”
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
He doesn't have the right to be a detective and hopefully will be relieved of his duties. Of course it being a southern state, probably not.

The police oath is:
“I, do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of constable with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality,and that I will uphold fundamental human rights and accord equal respect to all people, according to law.”
He's no longer with the force. He took a buy out last month.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:32 pm

The police oath is:
So he didn't lose a thing. I hate that I can't read the Washington Post link. I pay for the NYT and it would repetitive to pay for both. How old was he?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm

The police oath is:
So he didn't lose a thing. I hate that I can't read the Washington Post link. I pay for the NYT and it would repetitive to pay for both. How old was he?
He looks pretty young to me. Maybe 50? This is another one of his quotes from the article:
“God has instilled the power of civil government to send the police in 2019 out to the LGBT freaks and arrest them and have a trial for them, and if they are convicted, then they are to be put to death,” he said, earning approving murmurs from the crowd. Fritts later added that the “Bible says that sentence should be carried out speedily.”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm going with the fools that follow him. I'm no bible scholar but I do know that in the four gospels Jesus never once condemned a homosexual. He was very vocal on divorce, mistreating children, and hypocrisy. I mean Jesus literally said let he who is without sin cast the first stone but folks listen to some nutter who's probably secretly gay himself. Those kind never can handle their own thoughts and desires.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm

He looks pretty young to me. Maybe 50? This is another one of his quotes from the article:
“God has instilled the power of civil government to send the police in 2019 out to the LGBT freaks and arrest them and have a trial for them, and if they are convicted, then they are to be put to death,” he said, earning approving murmurs from the crowd. Fritts later added that the “Bible says that sentence should be carried out speedily.”
It sickens me that he was allowed a buyout. Probably been an abusive cop for 30 years and now has a nice pension.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:16 pm
msb64 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm

It sickens me that he was allowed a buyout. Probably been an abusive cop for 30 years and now has a nice pension.
How can you possibly conclude he's probably been abusive???

People can hold a personal opinion or belief yet still discharge the duties of their job fairly and and without that personal bias affecting. Sure, you can call them hypocritical but unless you've seen his record to know if he's had complaints for excessive force or anything - you can't make this leap.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Locked Previous topicNext topic