New SAT Exams to Include ‘Adversity Score’ for ‘Social Background’ of Every Student

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Lexy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm
water<wine wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 pm

uh huh, sure until YOU'RE the one being rejected with a higher score and more accomplishments and someone else less qualified is taking your place.
Personal merit & accomplishment are a thing of the past.
These are the people who will be our doctors, scientists "our great thinkers" and educators of the future. Well, I guess out artificially selected evolution will be our species' downfall. it was good while it lasted.
Our species will survive
We still have Russia and China to pull us through.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:44 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 pm Eh... I don’t really care.

Being from an affluent family meant I could study as much as I wanted, utilize every technological advancement that helped me learn, and have as much private tutoring as I wanted...

So I got pretty high scores when it came to testing.
uh huh, sure until YOU'RE the one being rejected with a higher score and more accomplishments and someone else less qualified is taking your place.
The 3 Amigas

Felicity Huffman
Lori Loughlin
Her mommy
Oh honey... you don’t have to be this angry about the fact that my mom makes more in a month than your mom does in a decade...

We all have our own skills and talents.. and while mine happened to be within the academic world, yours are definitely going to show themselves at some point... maybe you can try your hand at being a stand up comic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some people should have just been swallowed by mommy.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Pee pee slapped?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Oh my
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. There's a market for it. So the College Board will sell it. More and more colleges are telling kids they don't need the SAT to get into their schools.
So the suits in the marketing department threw around a whole bunch of ideas and, with little regard for whether it's a useful/accurate tool, packaged this.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Most?
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:36 pm Eh, I ddidn't even have my kids take SAT's they still got into decent colleges. Most colleges on the East Coast are now doing away with SAT requirements.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 pm

The 3 Amigas

Felicity Huffman
Lori Loughlin
Her mommy
Oh honey... you don’t have to be this angry about the fact that my mom makes more in a month than your mom does in a decade...

We all have our own skills and talents.. and while mine happened to be within the academic world, yours are definitely going to show themselves at some point... maybe you can try your hand at being a stand up comic.
What does she do?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm

The 3 Amigas

Felicity Huffman
Lori Loughlin
Her mommy

What does she do?
She’s a producer.

BJ has been trying to take swipes at my mother for years now because she found out my mother paid for my college education . That INFURIATED her for some reason and she’s never been able to drop it as a reason to start shit.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm

What does she do?
She’s a producer.

BJ has been trying to take swipes at my mother for years now because she found out my mother paid for my college education . That INFURIATED her for some reason and she’s never been able to drop it as a reason to start shit.
Are you sure that’s it? It’s not unusual to pay for your children’s education, why pick on your mother? Is the government paying for her children’s education or something?
Locked Previous topicNext topic