Men are afraid to mentor women after #MeToo and it hurts us all: study

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LeanIn.org and SurveyMonkey’s new #MentorHer poll reveals Friday that 60% of male managers report feeling “too nervous” about being accused of harassment to interact with women in “common workplace” activities such as mentoring, socializing and one-on-one meetings.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/men-are-a ... all-study/
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bullet point -

There will be less women in positions of power.

A new glass ceiling.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Saw that coming.
KAG
Mean Girl
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had a male mentor. He was insistent we always met in a place with lots of people around, which was a bit distracting. I'd rather have met in his office where it was quiet. I didn't like that he felt there could ever be a possibility I could threaten him. I did appreciate his mentorship though.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

yep, I expect to see it more. sorry sjw's, they dont HAVE to hire anyone if they dont give you the reason why. I wish feminists were their own demographic and the rest of us could "opt out" of their BS with a signature.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My husband decided a few months ago he will not longer interview a woman without someone in the room, and he will never have a female client in his vehicle unless there is someone else with them.
KAG
Mean Girl
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm My husband decided a few months ago he will not longer interview a woman without someone in the room, and he will never have a female client in his vehicle unless there is someone else with them.
Body cams and cameras in the car. That’s going to be how my kids(5 and 2) will be dating when the time comes.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm
morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm My husband decided a few months ago he will not longer interview a woman without someone in the room, and he will never have a female client in his vehicle unless there is someone else with them.
Body cams and cameras in the car. That’s going to be how my kids(5 and 2) will be dating when the time comes.
Sad but necessary in these crazy times.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I'm sure nobody saw this coming....
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I haven't had a problem with men being uncomfortable around me. Granted I've worked a long time for this company.
Locked Previous topicNext topic