Walmart Says Customers Will Pay More After Trump's Tariffs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

F***ing stupid. As long as Trump has been a "businessman" he knows that this will raise cost for American consumers.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:49 pm
jas wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm Oh, I don't know. China has been walking all over us for a long time. And Walmart...really? Everything comes from China in that dump.
Nobody forced our corporations to start making pretty much everything in China and other Asian countries.
No, but there's always a price in the end.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm Also messed with the stock market. Hate seeing losses like that in my accounts.
You do not lose money till you cash it out. Actually if you have monthly investments deposits you actually will be better off as your investment will purchase more units of each investment and when it does go up you will have a larger portfolio.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm F***ing stupid. As long as Trump has been a "businessman" he knows that this will raise cost for American consumers.
China has been taking advantage of us for a very long time.

As a patriot American who wants to see disparities like that fixed, I am willing to pay a little more now for the greater good of the Country.

Are you not?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:49 pm
jas wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm Oh, I don't know. China has been walking all over us for a long time. And Walmart...really? Everything comes from China in that dump.
Nobody forced our corporations to start making pretty much everything in China and other Asian countries.
Well there were 2 guilty entities actually.

Unions

Government with overreaching and ridiculous regulations.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am
Lemons wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm Also messed with the stock market. Hate seeing losses like that in my accounts.
You do not lose money till you cash it out. Actually if you have monthly investments deposits you actually will be better off as your investment will purchase more units of each investment and when it does go up you will have a larger portfolio.
I don’t have monthly investments and I use the interest income monthly. Nobody likes to see losses, even temporary.

Trump’s base loves to brag about their statements when the stock market was up and give credit to Trimp. When it crashes all we get are excuses.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm F***ing stupid. As long as Trump has been a "businessman" he knows that this will raise cost for American consumers.

As a patriot American who wants to see disparities like that fixed, I am willing to pay a little more now for the greater good of the Country.

Are you not?
We are losing.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:55 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am
I don’t have monthly investments and I use the interest income monthly. Nobody likes to see losses, even temporary.

Trump’s base loves to brag about their statements when the stock market was up and give credit to Trimp. When it crashes all we get are excuses.
I am not a American, I am in Canada. But it is true if I cannot lose any money till I cash in. Now if I was going to cash in or the end of a term and it was down, yeah I would be upset.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Are you not?
We are losing.
I don't trust your judgement.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Are you not?
We are losing.
I don't think we with Trump as president are losing. Maybe you are losing?
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic