Walmart Says Customers Will Pay More After Trump's Tariffs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1186

Unread post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium

Walmart Inc. advanced after meeting sales estimates and indicating that shoppers will absorb some of the costs from President Donald Trump’s tariffs on Chinese imports.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, duh. Anyone with 2 functioning neurons should realize that Trump’s tariffs will only create inflation and the ones footing the bill will be American consumers.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

But...but the President said China would pay for them? And he never lies, right? Just like when he said trade wars were “good and easy to win” over a year ago, and yet they're still ongoing? Weird, it’s almost like he’s either a massive liar or totally delusional.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don’t forget about the wall Mexico was supposed to pay for. Why is he throwing a spoiled brat worthy tantrum because congress won’t give him the money for a wall he promised others will be paying for? 🙄 If it was so simple and easy why doesn’t he just force Mexico to cough up the cash? I mean, it shouldn’t be harder than the big bully in the playground stealing someone’s lunch money...
Francee89 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:59 pm But...but the President said China would pay for them? And he never lies, right? Just like when he said trade wars were “good and easy to win” over a year ago, and yet they're still ongoing? Weird, it’s almost like he’s either a massive liar or totally delusional.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Duh, of course we will. Trump's an idiot.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I gotta give him credit and enough smarts to be able to convince a bunch of people that his tariffs are actually good and will make America “great again”. But yeah, he just convinced the dumbest of the bunch 😂 As we say here in Mexico: “in the land of the blind, the one-eyed is king”...
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:28 pm Duh, of course we will. Trump's an idiot.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh, I don't know. China has been walking all over us for a long time. And Walmart...really? Everything comes from China in that dump.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm Oh, I don't know. China has been walking all over us for a long time. And Walmart...really? Everything comes from China in that dump.
Nobody forced our corporations to start making pretty much everything in China and other Asian countries.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Also messed with the stock market. Hate seeing losses like that in my accounts.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm Also messed with the stock market. Hate seeing losses like that in my accounts.
I saw that the other day. Oh no! Sorry to hear that, it'll go back up. :-)
Locked Previous topicNext topic