Trans athletes are making a travesty of women’s sports

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I agree.
A bio man naturally is stronger than a bio women.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

You just said what I think, but much more eloquently. As accepting as people may be about transgendered people, trans women are biologically men, and that typically gives them certain advantages.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 pm I’m on the fence over this. There’s part of me that just can’t get past that in being inclusive we are still sending the message that females are second class citizens to males. I get it, though born biologically male, they identify female. I respect that BUT at the same time, identifying as female and having to deal with the struggles of identifying as female isn’t the same as being born female. It’s one of my hypocrisies in part because I don’t feel that same hang up with those born female that identify as male. I’ve yet to figure out a fair and just solution.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

This is one of those situations where it is impossible to be fair to all. I don't know what the answer is.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am This is one of those situations where it is impossible to be fair to all. I don't know what the answer is.
Idk but I think any solution should come from both biologically born female athletes and the transgender. What do the athletes themselves think of the issue? I would assume soon enough men sports might run into the same issue. The answer might be to combine sports and have categories by weight limits much as is done in wrestling. Idk. If the athletes themselves are fine with transgender women in their fields then so am I. They play, let them and the coaches figure this out.
QueenBof6
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

How very sad for women.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:39 pm This is just so bizarre to me. I have a feeling that more than one of the guys that is doing this kind of thing is only doing it because they know they couldn't compete with other men.
Despite what the left claims, greed and selfishness drive most people. if something benefits them, even if it puts others at a disadvantage, they will seize that opportunity. if a lion has a choice to chase down a gazelle with a broken foot or a strong one, it will choose the easy prey.

"social justice" just means giving select "identities" advantages over others. logically, this leads to viewing perceived victim group identities as tools to be exploited for gain. ie, Elizabeth Pocahontas Warren and of course "trans-women" athletes.
I agree. I just can't believe how far it's going and how much this nonsense is being defended.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is no fair answer. The athletic bodies of individual sports are going to have to sit down and have a discussion the way to best implement strategies for their individual sports. Women deserve to have a fair playing field and with the introduction of transgender women that may mean that there needs to be testing and limits for testosterone for transgender women (to the same requirement for a biological women). These situations with a transgender athlete are extremely rare, and we only hear about the times that a transgender athlete wins, not about the athlete losing.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your average man and woman are not completely equal. They both posses different strengthens and weaknesses.
Women have failed ourselves, because while we rightfully demand equal rights, we have done so in such a way that we completely leveled a playing field that was not meant to be leveled.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 am There is no fair answer. The athletic bodies of individual sports are going to have to sit down and have a discussion the way to best implement strategies for their individual sports. Women deserve to have a fair playing field and with the introduction of transgender women that may mean that there needs to be testing and limits for testosterone for transgender women (to the same requirement for a biological women). These situations with a transgender athlete are extremely rare, and we only hear about the times that a transgender athlete wins, not about the athlete losing.
its not just their current testosterone levels that impacts their performance. after going through puberty, males gain more muscle mass, larger skeletal size and bone mass than females, despite comparable body size. permanently. - these are not reversible changes.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 am There is no fair answer. The athletic bodies of individual sports are going to have to sit down and have a discussion the way to best implement strategies for their individual sports. Women deserve to have a fair playing field and with the introduction of transgender women that may mean that there needs to be testing and limits for testosterone for transgender women (to the same requirement for a biological women). These situations with a transgender athlete are extremely rare, and we only hear about the times that a transgender athlete wins, not about the athlete losing.
its not just their current testosterone levels that impacts their performance. after going through puberty, males gain more muscle mass, larger skeletal size and bone mass than females, despite comparable body size. permanently. - these are not reversible changes.
Actually muscle mass is reversible. Testosterone does impact the muscle mass of a person. However it is true that men do have skeletal size and more bone mass than females. The issue is there is no real fair answer to this. How do we handle this situation do we make it so the athlete needs to compete as the S*x they were born as, do we insist in order to compete as the other S*x you have gender reassignment surgery, do we just say sorry altogether? There is no simple solution at the given moment, we have no past experience on how to deal with this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic