Trans athletes are making a travesty of women’s sports

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm
morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Before you start F***ing calling me names, get your facts straight. He had S*x reassignment surgery. Look it up. He is still physically A MAN. NOT A WOMAN.

It’s crazy they would let him fight women. It’s not ok for men to hit women in any other case but it’s ok to put a male in the ring with a woman.
It's F***ing LUNACY!
Fox went to Thailand for the surgery. F***ing crazy!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:52 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm
morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:32 pm

No no no.
This was a MALE who crushed a FEMALE'S skull with his BRUTE STRENGTH.
No, this was a woman. Your transphobia doesn't change that. Once again, the male skull isn't any stronger than a woman's skull, it doesn't matter if that fighter had been fighting a man or woman.
UFC color commentator and stand-up comedian Joe Rogan opposed Fallon Fox receiving licensing,[8] stating "First of all, she's not really a she. She's a transgender, post-op person. The operation doesn't shave down your bone density. It doesn't change. You look at a man's hands and you look at a woman's hands and they're built different. They're just thicker, they're stronger, your wrists are thicker, your elbows are thicker, your joints are thicker. Just the mechanical function of punching, a man can do it much harder than a woman can, period."
During Fox's fight against Tamikka Brents, Brents suffered a concussion, an orbital bone fracture, and seven staples to the head in the 1st round. After her loss, Brents took to social media to convey her thoughts on the experience of fighting Fox: "I've fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can't answer whether it's because she was born a man or not because I'm not a doctor. I can only say, I've never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right," she stated. "Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn't move at all in Fox's clinch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox
It’s because she is a male. You can put bunny ears on a dog and feed him carrots all day and call him a rabbit but at the end of the day that rabbit is a dog. He can live a life as a rabbit but he was born a dog. It’s just how it is.
We can respect these people and let them live their lives the way they want but let’s get realistic with issues like this. He isn’t a she no matter what pronouns he identifies with. I’ll gladly call him a she all he wants but I’m not ok with him competing against women who were born biologically a woman .
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am
msb64 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am This is one of those situations where it is impossible to be fair to all. I don't know what the answer is.
Idk but I think any solution should come from both biologically born female athletes and the transgender. What do the athletes themselves think of the issue? I would assume soon enough men sports might run into the same issue. The answer might be to combine sports and have categories by weight limits much as is done in wrestling. Idk. If the athletes themselves are fine with transgender women in their fields then so am I. They play, let them and the coaches figure this out.
Women are going to start shattering men's records in men's sports?
The women are justifiably angry.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am
msb64 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am This is one of those situations where it is impossible to be fair to all. I don't know what the answer is.
Idk but I think any solution should come from both biologically born female athletes and the transgender. What do the athletes themselves think of the issue? I would assume soon enough men sports might run into the same issue. The answer might be to combine sports and have categories by weight limits much as is done in wrestling. Idk. If the athletes themselves are fine with transgender women in their fields then so am I. They play, let them and the coaches figure this out.
Women are going to start shattering men's records in men's sports?
The women are justifiably angry.
I didn't say shatter but men sports might have to deal with transgender men within it. I understand if biological women are angry and that's why I said they need to be part of whatever the solution is going to be. It might be transgender women will have to compete with men. They may have their own class. Idk but since I'm not an athlete I'm not going to comment on what the solution should be. The athletes need to decide that.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:34 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Interesting information for thought.
My hubby follows MMA pretty closely and i know there was a trans (male to female) fighter and she crushed her opponents skull. I think having their own classes (or whatever every other sport would call it) would not discriminate them in any way imo. They can compete with people on their level just like everyone else.
How would that work? I mean take MMA. Isn't there one transgender fighter. Would she form a league of her own?
I would think it could be done like a cc weight class or their own league i mean they have different leagues for men and women so why not trans?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:06 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Interesting information for thought.
My hubby follows MMA pretty closely and i know there was a trans (male to female) fighter and she crushed her opponents skull. I think having their own classes (or whatever every other sport would call it) would not discriminate them in any way imo. They can compete with people on their level just like everyone else.
Is Fallon Fox still competing?
I don't think so. Id have to ask my hubby. The story was 2018 but we were just talking about it and something else that was more recent just can't remember what it was
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Imo this is similar to Bruce/Caitlin Jenner winning "woman of the year" the year he decided he was going to chop his dick off.... It shouldn't happen
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:24 pm Imo this is similar to Bruce/Caitlin Jenner winning "woman of the year" the year he decided he was going to chop his dick off.... It shouldn't happen
I so agree with this!
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 pm
morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm

It’s crazy they would let him fight women. It’s not ok for men to hit women in any other case but it’s ok to put a male in the ring with a woman.
It's F***ing LUNACY!
Fox went to Thailand for the surgery. F***ing crazy!
Why is going to Thailand for the surgery "crazy"?
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:47 am I think they should have their own class. Men are naturally built different than women and no amount of surgery or meds will change the physical strength of someone like that. If they want to be in the sports, ie MMA they should not be fighting non trans women. There are enough of them to start their own weight classes and leagues
Do you mean separated like Special Olympics are? I can see this as being fair.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Locked Previous topicNext topic