Trans athletes are making a travesty of women’s sports

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:15 pm
water<wine wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 am There is no fair answer. The athletic bodies of individual sports are going to have to sit down and have a discussion the way to best implement strategies for their individual sports. Women deserve to have a fair playing field and with the introduction of transgender women that may mean that there needs to be testing and limits for testosterone for transgender women (to the same requirement for a biological women). These situations with a transgender athlete are extremely rare, and we only hear about the times that a transgender athlete wins, not about the athlete losing.
its not just their current testosterone levels that impacts their performance. after going through puberty, males gain more muscle mass, larger skeletal size and bone mass than females, despite comparable body size. permanently. - these are not reversible changes.
Actually muscle mass is reversible. Testosterone does impact the muscle mass of a person. However it is true that men do have skeletal size and more bone mass than females. The issue is there is no real fair answer to this. How do we handle this situation do we make it so the athlete needs to compete as the S*x they were born as, do we insist in order to compete as the other S*x you have gender reassignment surgery, do we just say sorry altogether? There is no simple solution at the given moment, we have no past experience on how to deal with this.
Despite Semenya being genetically female, IAAF barred her from competing against women until she lowers her naturally occurring high testosterone levels. It seems to me that this might lead to testosterone levels being the qualifying criteria for transgender M-F athletes, at least with IAAF.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:28 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:15 pm
water<wine wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm

its not just their current testosterone levels that impacts their performance. after going through puberty, males gain more muscle mass, larger skeletal size and bone mass than females, despite comparable body size. permanently. - these are not reversible changes.
Actually muscle mass is reversible. Testosterone does impact the muscle mass of a person. However it is true that men do have skeletal size and more bone mass than females. The issue is there is no real fair answer to this. How do we handle this situation do we make it so the athlete needs to compete as the S*x they were born as, do we insist in order to compete as the other S*x you have gender reassignment surgery, do we just say sorry altogether? There is no simple solution at the given moment, we have no past experience on how to deal with this.
Despite Semenya being genetically female, IAAF barred her from competing against women until she lowers her naturally occurring high testosterone levels. It seems to me that this might lead to testosterone levels being the qualifying criteria for transgender M-F athletes, at least with IAAF.
That is what I stated in my original response. This may be the only thing that can be done to semi-level the playing field.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:47 am I think they should have their own class. Men are naturally built different than women and no amount of surgery or meds will change the physical strength of someone like that. If they want to be in the sports, ie MMA they should not be fighting non trans women. There are enough of them to start their own weight classes and leagues
Interesting information for thought.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:47 am I think they should have their own class. Men are naturally built different than women and no amount of surgery or meds will change the physical strength of someone like that. If they want to be in the sports, ie MMA they should not be fighting non trans women. There are enough of them to start their own weight classes and leagues
My hubby follows MMA pretty closely and i know there was a trans (male to female) fighter and she crushed her opponents skull. I think having their own classes (or whatever every other sport would call it) would not discriminate them in any way imo. They can compete with people on their level just like everyone else.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm
My hubby follows MMA pretty closely and i know there was a trans (male to female) fighter and she crushed her opponents skull. I think having their own classes (or whatever every other sport would call it) would not discriminate them in any way imo. They can compete with people on their level just like everyone else.
Look at that. A legal loophole for an insane man to beat up a woman and crush her skull.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

How would that work? I mean take MMA. Isn't there one transgender fighter. Would she form a league of her own?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Is Fallon Fox still competing?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QueenBof6 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am How very sad for women.
I agree.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So stupid, girl is just bitter that she didn't place and is looking for someone else to blame. Transgender individuals are on hormone treatments that make it so they really don't have a big leg up. There will always be athletes with physical athletes, my daughter is the fastest kid in he class and that includes faster than the boys, should we test everyone and anyone who has an athletic advantage shouldn't be allowed to compete?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The female skull is no weaker than the male skull. If she crushed someone's skull that's because she was not using safe fighting techniques. Same result would have happened if she was fighting a man.
Locked Previous topicNext topic