Missouri has joined the ranks

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... UgEckgqFnM

Missouri Senate passes bill to outlaw abortion at 8 weeks

Anti-abortion campaigners across the U.S. are pushing for new restrictions in hopes that the now more-conservative U.S. Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

States can make their laws. And they do. 🤷🏻‍♀️
KAG
Mean Girl
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think that the country as a whole - (minus a few areas ) is changing

In 50 years, abortionists will be thought of on the same level that the Klan and The Nazi's are today.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:27 pm States can make their laws. And they do. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Supremacy clause. That's why so many of these state laws got overturned in the past. Although with the SCOTUS being what it is today, who knows.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm I think that the country as a whole - (minus a few areas ) is changing

In 50 years, abortionists will be thought of on the same level that the Klan and The Nazi's are today.
Literally no state can garner more than 25% support for a total abortion ban.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm I think that the country as a whole - (minus a few areas ) is changing

What percentage were behind the law that Congress Passed that originally made Abortion Legal?
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Do you mean the Supreme Court ruling?

This poll taken prior to the ruling found 46% supported legalizing abortion, 45% opposed, and 9% were undecided.

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/01/28/arch ... onths.html
Billie.jeens wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm

What percentage were behind the law that Congress Passed that originally made Abortion Legal?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Note all the poor, poorly educated states making sure they stay that way.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I honestly and truly can understand being against abortion. I don't understand valuing a fetus over a born woman as a matter of law. And I definitely don't understand being politically against trying to overcome the systemic reasons women seek abortions. I don't understand being politically against making sure that these children that are forced to be born have a shot when they come out. And I don't understand being politically against proven methods of reducing abortion.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I believe if Cuomo had not enacted the horrific bill in NY allowing abortion up until the moment of birth, the rest of the country would not have had the reaction you are seeing now in Alabama and other states. While each state is within their rights, I am appalled at the lack of common sense on both sides and the unwillingness to find a common ground that both sides can live with. Extremism is never a good idea, whether left or right. If you have a problem with Alabama, you should also be outraged at NY and Cuomo!
Locked Previous topicNext topic