I own the Red Hen restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave. Resistance isn’t futile.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:00 pm That was so yesterday’s news. So what. She acted like a twat and kicked Sarah Sanders out. I don’t know much about the Red hen restaurant but if it was a privately owned restaurant I support her right to make that decision. Just like I support a religion bakery owner with a privately owned bakery not being made to bake a cake for a gay wedding. However anyone who doesn’t have a privately owned business shouldn’t be able to deny anyone.
Is a bakery a religious establishment?
No. Is a restaurant a political establishment?
Are political parties covered under anti-discrimination laws?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:28 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Is a bakery a religious establishment?
It’s no different than someone not wanting to go against their religion. Religion is protected and I think their rights are trampled over when made to participate in a gay wedding.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 pm

I don't agree with the woman's actions. I feel she just wanted her 15 minutes of fame. But if a bakery can refuse to serve a gay couple's wedding then I reckon this owner can refuse service to President Trump himself if she wants. Don't most restaurants have signs about the right to refuse service to anyone?
And didn’t people lost their minds over the baker refusing to bake the cake. It went to court just to say it was his right to refuse and people were still made. That guy got threats too.
I actually think they're different. The baker's refusal did not come from a place of hatred. He had no problem serving gay people cakes out of his shop. He would serve gay people the same as straight people. He just would not make a custom artistic expression for a ceremony which violated his religious beliefs. artistic expression is a form of protected speech. whereas this woman refused service completely because she hates Sarah Sanders and Trump supporters.

That said, I do think she has the right to refuse service even if I think shes a c**t.

I bet you had a cow over Piss Christ.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm
morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:17 pm

It is if you own it and you want it to be a religious establishment. Isn’t America wonderful?
Oh. So they are exempt based on religious status. Do you have a source for that?
Exempt? What are you even....
You know what? Never mind. You say really weird shit all the time that makes no sense, half of the time I think you're on the wrong threads, and you're constantly combative with everyone. Get well Cock. Really.
I honestly don't know why I bother with you. You're sorely lacking in elementary history.

Me combative? Hahaha, better check your responses voo.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess those who don't know we use Arabic numerals also don't know that you can't just say your establishment is religious. You have to file for it. I have never seen a religious bakery outside of a religious establishment/building. Anyone else?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:32 pm

It’s no different than someone not wanting to go against their religion. Religion is protected and I think their rights are trampled over when made to participate in a gay wedding.
Can't answer the question? Religious practice is protected up to a point. Show me a religious bakery.
306/232

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Can't answer the question? Religious practice is protected up to a point. Show me a religious bakery.
I did answer. Not participating in a wedding that’s against your religion is no different than not serving someone because of your political beliefs. As far as I know there isn’t any covered under discrimination laws but that doesn’t make it right to force someone to go against their religious beliefs. Actually I think it’s worse to not serve someone because of your political beliefs than participating in a wedding against your beliefs. Religion is protected. Political beliefs are not.
A baker not participating in a ceremony against their religion should be protected just as much as the gay couple should be protected against discrimination. If the couple wanted cookies for a dinner party then they shouldn’t be turned away. It’s discrimination. When a gay couple wants to force a baker to bake them a cake, therefore participating in a ceremony against the bakers beliefs, the baker should be protected and it not be considered discrimination. The key word there is ceremony!
I don’t know what you could say to protect a restaurant owners right to refuse service to someone because of the owners political beliefs but I do support her having that decision, though I think it makes her look like an ass.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am

Frankly I don't agree with the baker either. Nevertheless the courts said it was his right to refuse service. I wouldn't send death threats to either one. I'd just boycott the business.
I hate to be this pedantic but that is not what the courts decided. They said in his specific case only, he was treated unfairly. It didn't actually touch the issue of whether he was within his rights to deny service to a class of people protected by state law.
I didn't know that. And while I know who Sarah is I wouldn't recognize her most likely. I would serve her but most restaurants do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they want.
Not anyone.
Crimson417
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:34 pm

I did answer. Not participating in a wedding that’s against your religion is no different than not serving someone because of your political beliefs. As far as I know there isn’t any covered under discrimination laws but that doesn’t make it right to force someone to go against their religious beliefs. Actually I think it’s worse to not serve someone because of your political beliefs than participating in a wedding against your beliefs. Religion is protected. Political beliefs are not.
A baker not participating in a ceremony against their religion should be protected just as much as the gay couple should be protected against discrimination. If the couple wanted cookies for a dinner party then they shouldn’t be turned away. It’s discrimination. When a gay couple wants to force a baker to bake them a cake, therefore participating in a ceremony against the bakers beliefs, the baker should be protected and it not be considered discrimination. The key word there is ceremony!
I don’t know what you could say to protect a restaurant owners right to refuse service to someone because of the owners political beliefs but I do support her having that decision, though I think it makes her look like an ass.
So you think it's okay to discriminate against a gay couple? They are a protected class, political beliefs are not a protected class. Bakers can't just claim religious beliefs whenever they feel like it either, that isn't how that works.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

I hate to be this pedantic but that is not what the courts decided. They said in his specific case only, he was treated unfairly. It didn't actually touch the issue of whether he was within his rights to deny service to a class of people protected by state law.
I didn't know that. And while I know who Sarah is I wouldn't recognize her most likely. I would serve her but most restaurants do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they want.
Not anyone.
Well they can't discriminate on basis of race, age, S*x and such. But they can refuse to serve to individuals. For instance if the person is a troublemaker or has stiffed them they will refuse him or her service.
Locked Previous topicNext topic