Will political correctness kill classic movies?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

There are still some newer movies coming out that are willing to take the risk of going against the PC crowd's interpretation of what's entertaining.

Honestly, however, I'd rather sit down to watch what *I* consider a classic movie like "Breakfast at Tiffany's," or "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" then to see some of the other crap that raises the dough at the box office.

To each their own.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 pm No, because “classic” doesn’t mean “fuzzy feeling for everyone, forever” or “righteous indignation”. Classic simply means a work of art, be it painting, music, literature or cinema, that defined a generation and had a remarkable artistic quality. If we’re now too butthurt to understand that we have a history, with people having different views and customs back then to appreciate the artistic and importance of that piece, that’s modern society being morons, that’s not the work not being a classic.
I’m sorry, but getting all offended by “Gone Woth the Wind” because of the way it portrays the racial differences in the south at that time is as idiotic as getting offended because “Schindler’s List” shows the torture and murder of Jews during the Holocaust. There are realities in our society and our history. Covering them up with PC nonsense only makes society not learn from that. Blacks were slaves in the south during the 1800-1900s. It’s the reality. If a movie like Gone With the Wind doesn’t portray that as the main topic and just shows it naturally, that’s because it was. Deal with it.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm That doesn’t make any sense...

Sure it does. If the movie has anything in it that is now looked at from a different lens (ie Me Too movement) and deemed to be sexist, then it wasn't truly classic.
Yes! I agree 100%!
Locked Previous topicNext topic