Houston High School has dress code for parents

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In a different post I was reading about the school not allowing the mother to register the kid for school because of her wardrobe.
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm But I didn't read anything about them denying the STUDENT access.
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm They could go to court , contest this and win based on it being unconstitutional.

School is a legal requirement, since they are trying to dictate a parent's wardrobe or deny the child the right to an education. This won't hold up if they sue.
Agree. Children have the right to an education and any attire on the part of the parents should not be used to block this. I don't know why the parent is dressing a particular way, what their resources or situation is, nor do I think we need to police people unless they are breaking actual existing laws on nudity.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh. Wow! I didn't see that one! That would not be good!
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 pm In a different post I was reading about the school not allowing the mother to register the kid for school because of her wardrobe.
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm But I didn't read anything about them denying the STUDENT access.
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Agree. Children have the right to an education and any attire on the part of the parents should not be used to block this. I don't know why the parent is dressing a particular way, what their resources or situation is, nor do I think we need to police people unless they are breaking actual existing laws on nudity.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:18 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 pm She could pack a bag with a change of clothes. Even if she’s not going to the school, come on. Change into decent clothing before heading out in public.
And BS that she doesn’t have a place to change. I doubt that if she politely asks to use the bathroom to change in any client’s home that she will be denied. That’s just an excuse to be sloppy and lazy.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:40 pm
But what about people like my friend (personal trainer in home) whose work attire is leggings and a t-shirt with running shoes. She has no where to change during the day as she visit clients, if her son gets sick she would need to go home and change prior to picking him up.
It is not just in a clients home. We have done a workout in a public park with no bathrooms (well unless you count the school close by), also for her this is professional attire. I do not want a personal trainer walking in wearing dress pants, and heels - I am going to be asking how in the world she is going to run the workout. What happens if a mother gets a call from the school and say she is in the process of cleaning her house with rollers in. So instead of now just grabbing her keys and running out the door she has do her hair while her child waits longer for a parent to come. I am not sure what your hair is like but I have the ability to just throw my hair up into a pony tail and run out the door, however others do not have the ability to do this.

It is also the premise of it, they are saying that want parents to look professional, what happens if they start adding other items? Like say they say no dirty jean or clothing, so now the person that works road crew that finishes and goes straight to his daughters/sons basketball game could be asked to leave because they do not like what he is wearing? See how this becomes a slippery slope, and a elitist attitude.
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... s+Code.pdf

The leggings are allowed, just has to be covered.
Looking at the guidelines, this isn’t unreasonable IMO. If she has to tell grown adult fathers not to wear sagging pants, I can see there may have been circumstances that created a need for this.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm Oh. Wow! I didn't see that one! That would not be good!
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 pm In a different post I was reading about the school not allowing the mother to register the kid for school because of her wardrobe.

She was allowed to register her kid, she just had to go change her clothes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic