Assistant principal made student use a marker to fill in shaved hairstyle that violated dress code

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Read the handbook. I swear people can't do that anymore. I don't allow my kids to break the rules for their school. This is on the parents for not knowing the rules. Poor kid.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The vice principal didn’t force him, he chose to, there’s a difference. I don’t agree with that having been given as an option and wonder if he expected the kid to actually choose that option. But if I was that mom, I’d be pissed at my kid, not the vice principal.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh my god. It's marker. It will wash out. He chose to do it. Some people just search out things to be pissed at. Here'a an idea. Don't want your kid to be punished then don't let them break the rules.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In my mind if the kid did the fade knowing it was against dress code he gets what he deserves. And I think the marker is funny.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:41 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm It looks like the school has a very strict dress code and that he should have just been sent home or given the in-school suspension.

According to the school's dress code:

PK-12th GRADE -- HAIR
 Must be neat, clean and well groomed. Extreme hair styles such as carvings, mohawks, spikes, etc. are not allowed.
 No type of head covering, cap, hat or hair rollers may be worn inside the building.
 Symbols and/or styles that are identified with gang membership, affiliation or representation shall not be allowed.
 Distracting styles and/or coloring are not allowed. (Only natural hair colors allowed)
Yes, I agree. The above is pretty common for a lot of schools. However I would be furious if someone markered in my child's hair. Was a parent even notified first?
The way I read the article is that the boy selected the marker as punishment and colored it in himself.

He did not select the punishment of calling his mother or having an in school suspension.

Baffling to me that they gave him the option to call his mom or not, let him choose not to, and they never called.

Why are they giving the child the ability to pick punishment?? Just suspend his ass. Call his mom.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Who really cares? Everyone was acting like the assistant principal chopped his ear off or something. Lol @ the sue the lunch off the school comment. I mean really? It’s marker, people! She/he didn’t tattoo the kid! Ffs
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:38 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:26 pm
MOM1018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:58 pm
You are laughing at the article. Why is that?
Who cares? Why are you so invested? Christ, go play with yourself and leave others alone.
I know right! Good grief. She laughed.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:02 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:38 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:26 pm

You are laughing at the article. Why is that?
Who cares? Why are you so invested? Christ, go play with yourself and leave others alone.
I know right! Good grief. She laughed.
Still wondering what is funny about the story. Did I miss something?
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The kid made the choice to go against the rules with his haircut. He chose to use the marker. His mom is an idiot who chose a ridiculous name for her son.

I don't see the problem. Yes, rules apply to all students. Even snowflakes named Juelz.

The comments about lawyering up are ridiculous.

Poor teachers and principals that have to deal with entitled parents like these. And try to pronounce their yoonique names.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I read that, too.

And I agree. I think it's odd that the school didn't just call the parent. I think he should have just been sent home as a result of violating the dress code.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:41 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm It looks like the school has a very strict dress code and that he should have just been sent home or given the in-school suspension.

According to the school's dress code:

PK-12th GRADE -- HAIR
 Must be neat, clean and well groomed. Extreme hair styles such as carvings, mohawks, spikes, etc. are not allowed.
 No type of head covering, cap, hat or hair rollers may be worn inside the building.
 Symbols and/or styles that are identified with gang membership, affiliation or representation shall not be allowed.
 Distracting styles and/or coloring are not allowed. (Only natural hair colors allowed)
Yes, I agree. The above is pretty common for a lot of schools. However I would be furious if someone markered in my child's hair. Was a parent even notified first?
The way I read the article is that the boy selected the marker as punishment and colored it in himself.

He did not select the punishment of calling his mother or having an in school suspension.

Baffling to me that they gave him the option to call his mom or not, let him choose not to, and they never called.

Why are they giving the child the ability to pick punishment?? Just suspend his ass. Call his mom.
Locked Previous topicNext topic