Assistant principal made student use a marker to fill in shaved hairstyle that violated dress code

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It looks like the school has a very strict dress code and that he should have just been sent home or given the in-school suspension.

According to the school's dress code:

PK-12th GRADE -- HAIR
 Must be neat, clean and well groomed. Extreme hair styles such as carvings, mohawks, spikes, etc. are not allowed.
 No type of head covering, cap, hat or hair rollers may be worn inside the building.
 Symbols and/or styles that are identified with gang membership, affiliation or representation shall not be allowed.
 Distracting styles and/or coloring are not allowed. (Only natural hair colors allowed)
Deleted User 473

Unread post

MOM1018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm
MOM1018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:28 pmLOL
What is funny? You are
You are laughing at the article. Why is that?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:26 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm

What is funny? You are
Who cares? Why are you so invested? Christ, go play with yourself and leave others alone.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm It looks like the school has a very strict dress code and that he should have just been sent home or given the in-school suspension.

PK-12th GRADE -- HAIR
 Must be neat, clean and well groomed. Extreme hair styles such as carvings, mohawks, spikes, etc. are not allowed.
 No type of head covering, cap, hat or hair rollers may be worn inside the building.
 Symbols and/or styles that are identified with gang membership, affiliation or representation shall not be allowed.
 Distracting styles and/or coloring are not allowed. (Only natural hair colors allowed)
Yes, I agree. The above is pretty common for a lot of schools. However I would be furious if someone markered in my child's hair. Was a parent even notified first?
KAG
Mean Girl
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

spending the day in the office would have been far more ethical.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I would not have been happy if someone had done that to my child. I think I read that they gave him the option to call his mom, take the in-school suspension, or color it in. He chose to do the latter. I won't be surprised if we learn more details in upcoming days.
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:41 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm It looks like the school has a very strict dress code and that he should have just been sent home or given the in-school suspension.

PK-12th GRADE -- HAIR
Yes, I agree. The above is pretty common for a lot of schools. However I would be furious if someone markered in my child's hair. Was a parent even notified first?
Deleted User 473

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:38 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:26 pm
Who cares? Why are you so invested? Christ, go play with yourself and leave others alone.
Says the one who was all up in my business yesterday. Cute AOC
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That is ridiculous! Marker? I would be livid. But I wouldn't have allowed my son to go to school with something against the dress code either.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 pm That is ridiculous! Marker? I would be livid. But I wouldn't have allowed my son to go to school with something against the dress code either.
I agree. I see this as a case of 2 wrongs with an innocent child stuck in the middle.
KAG
Mean Girl
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eh, I'm with the school on this one. It was clearly listed in the school handbook as against policy. Kid came to school with it anyway. Furthermore this isn't an elementary school aged kid. This kid was in Jr High, beyond old enough to not only understand the infraction of the handbook but to decide for himself on what consequence he would face for the dress code violation. HE chose the marker option (personally I think that was a dumb choice but whatever).
Locked Previous topicNext topic