Texas couple sentenced for enslaving West African girl for more than 16 years

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They were given 7 years each in prison. I don't know, but that seems a little light.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-couple ... 52116.html
MOM1018
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Only 7 years?! Hardly enough!
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They should get at least 16 years.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mohamed Touré and Denise Cros-Touré, who are citizens of Guinea and lawful permanent residents of the U.S., were also ordered to pay their victim $288,620.24 in restitution in the forced labor conviction, the release says.

snip

snip

Prosecutors say the couple — members of "wealthy and powerful Guinean families" — arranged for the victim to travel to Texas from rural Guinea in early 2000. Starting as a young girl, the couple forced the victim "to cook, clean, and take care of their biological children, some of whom were close in age to the victim, without pay for the next 16 years," the release says.

The couple kept the victim from receiving an education and punished her physically and emotionally, prosecutors say. She was called a “dog,” “slave” and “worthless" by the couple, the release says.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-couple ... 52116.html
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

"Texas couple".
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guinea is 85% Muslim. I'm guessing the wealthy Mohamed was used to having an African child S*x slave in his home and wasn't able to assimilate into American culture and follow our laws.
KAG
Mean Girl
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s ludicrous. Rich white American men get caught screwing kids all the time, have they failed to assimilate into the culture too?
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm Guinea is 85% Muslim. I'm guessing the wealthy Mohamed was used to having an African child S*x slave in his home and wasn't able to assimilate into American culture and follow our laws.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Here I made it really big.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 pm That’s ludicrous. Rich white American men get caught screwing kids all the time, have they failed to assimilate into the culture too?
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm Guinea is 85% Muslim. I'm guessing the wealthy Mohamed was used to having an African child S*x slave in his home and wasn't able to assimilate into American culture and follow our laws.
KAG
Mean Girl
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

oh well that changes everything, we DEFINITELY know that no Americans ever participate in human trafficking... oh, wait 🙄
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm Here I made it really big.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 pm That’s ludicrous. Rich white American men get caught screwing kids all the time, have they failed to assimilate into the culture too?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

First you equate an African slave for 16 years in modern day America to "kids being screwed" and now you call it "human trafficking".....are you able to say the word SLAVERY?

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 pm oh well that changes everything, we DEFINITELY know that no Americans ever participate in human trafficking... oh, wait 🙄
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm Here I made it really big.

KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic