Texas couple sentenced for enslaving West African girl for more than 16 years

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lol what doyou think people traffick humans for? board game nights?

the fact is that you are desperately trying to make this about them being immigrants (i can’t imagine how gleeful you’d be had they not been lawful residents) or muslims (there is ZERO indication that they are religious at all, let alone any specific religion) and it’s absurd. these were two evil people, the end. what they did is not reflective of anything else. if anything, rich people using their wealth to exploit someone vulnerable in horrific ways is probably the most quintessentially American thing possible.
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 pm First you equated an african slave for 16 years in modern day America to "kids being screwed" and now you call it "human trafficking".....are you able to say the word SLAVERY?

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 pm oh well that changes everything, we DEFINITELY know that no Americans ever participate in human trafficking... oh, wait 🙄
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm Here I made it really big.

morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm Guinea is 85% Muslim. I'm guessing the wealthy Mohamed was used to having an African child S*x slave in his home and wasn't able to assimilate into American culture and follow our laws.
KAG
Mean Girl
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“rich people using their wealth to exploit someone vulnerable in horrific ways is probably the most quintessentially American thing possible.“
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:44 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm Guinea is 85% Muslim. I'm guessing the wealthy Mohamed was used to having an African child S*x slave in his home and wasn't able to assimilate into American culture and follow our laws.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mohamed Toure is the son of Guinea’s first President; Ahmed Sekou Toure.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder how many of his 5 children were the African slave's?
KAG
Mean Girl
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The article details some pretty awful stuff but it doesn’t saw a word about sexual abuse. why are you making shit up?
morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm I wonder how many of his 5 children were the African slave's?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:44 pm
It's got nothing to do with religion. It's the culture where these people come from, they aren't the first wealthy foreigners who now live here and seem to think it's OK to keep a slave. Hopefully they are deported after their sentence.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MOM1018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:24 pm Only 7 years?! Hardly enough!
And if Bernie has his way they can vote!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They shouldn’t get anything less than 16 years
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jesus f**k you people really cannot talk about ANYTHING without politicizing it can you? And you’re nearly always wrong when you do. These people are lawful permanent residents, they have never been able to vote in US elections, and never will irrespective of what Bernie Sanders may or may not accomplish. There was literally no reason for his name go appear in this thread. How embarrassing for you..
Lexy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:43 pm
MOM1018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:24 pm Only 7 years?! Hardly enough!
And if Bernie has his way they can vote!
Locked Previous topicNext topic