Vegan "feminist" café that charged a 'man tax' is set to close

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Handsome Her, a vegan café in Melbourne Australia, sparked global debate in 2017 when it announced it would offer women priority seating and charge men an 18 per cent premium to “reflect the gender pay gap”.

After two years of trading, the café announced it would be closing its doors for good on April 28.

Co-owner Alexandra O’Brien has not detailed the reason behind the move, but Handsome Her has endured a widespread backlash for its perceived reverse sexism.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/h ... 24781.html
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess not many people equal feminism with misandry.
Serves her good.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wonder if I had gone there with my two boys would I have gotten charge extra for them being male or is it just adult men. This can’t be legal. Was it required or suggested the men donate?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rule #3 is muted by Rule #2
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In the UK, the law on such things is quite clear:
Examples of direct S*x discrimination include:

* refusing credit to a married woman without her husband’s signature, while a married man is not required to have his wife’s signature
* refusing to accept a woman’s salary as the basis for a mortgage because of her S*x
* a nightclub charging a higher price for entry to a man because of his S*x
* advertising a job for a ‘waiter’. This gives the impression that the job is only open to men.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... se-of-S*x/
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 am In the UK, the law on such things is quite clear:
Examples of direct S*x discrimination include:

* refusing credit to a married woman without her husband’s signature, while a married man is not required to have his wife’s signature
* refusing to accept a woman’s salary as the basis for a mortgage because of her S*x
* a nightclub charging a higher price for entry to a man because of his S*x
* advertising a job for a ‘waiter’. This gives the impression that the job is only open to men.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... se-of-S*x/
waiter for men, waitress for women, and what about gender nonconforming? its silly- many people use "actor" and "waiter" for all sexes.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Well, lets be honest here. They were alienating most people just by being vegan then throw in their sexist policy, I am not surprised. I am surprised this discrimination is legal in Australia though.

If I were a man, I would go with a wig on and claim to identify as a woman, then sit there man spreading while I ate like a pig and demanded they put sports on. It would be hilarious.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm Well, lets be honest here. They were alienating most people just by being vegan then throw in their sexist policy, I am not surprised. I am surprised this discrimination is legal in Australia though.

If I were a man, I would go with a wig on and claim to identify as a woman, then sit there man spreading while I ate like a pig and demanded they put sports on. It would be hilarious.
hahaha! I would join in! We could make a stag party out of it!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm Well, lets be honest here. They were alienating most people just by being vegan then throw in their sexist policy, I am not surprised. I am surprised this discrimination is legal in Australia though.

:lol:
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can’t imagine they were doing well if they are closing after such a short time but I’m also kind of surprised they stayed open as long as they have. It’s not someplace I’d go. Rule #2 wouldn’t sit well with me. I get why they have it, but more discrimination doesn’t promote tolerance and equality it just promotes the cycle of discrimination.
Locked Previous topicNext topic