Vegan "feminist" café that charged a 'man tax' is set to close

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Not surprised. More than 95% of restaurants fail within the first 3 years. The owner offended half of her potential customers and the menu doesn't look all that appetizing either.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Not that it matters, now that they are closing. Priority seating or not, I wouldn't patronize the place.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 pm I can’t imagine they were doing well if they are closing after such a short time but I’m also kind of surprised they stayed open as long as they have. It’s not someplace I’d go. Rule #2 wouldn’t sit well with me. I get why they have it, but more discrimination doesn’t promote tolerance and equality it just promotes the cycle of discrimination.
I agree. Also if I brought my male friend there and it was my turn to pay- We take turns buying dinner- I don't WANT to pay more for him. I don't want to pay more for my boys. Dammit I'm paying so don't charge more for my company. But Idk any vegan restaurants that are good anyhow.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:11 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 pm I can’t imagine they were doing well if they are closing after such a short time but I’m also kind of surprised they stayed open as long as they have. It’s not someplace I’d go. Rule #2 wouldn’t sit well with me. I get why they have it, but more discrimination doesn’t promote tolerance and equality it just promotes the cycle of discrimination.
I agree. Also if I brought my male friend there and it was my turn to pay- We take turns buying dinner- I don't WANT to pay more for him. I don't want to pay more for my boys. Dammit I'm paying so don't charge more for my company. But Idk any vegan restaurants that are good anyhow.
Now I’m curious if their policy makes the assumption that the male would be paying, penalizing women for their offsprings gender or dining guest, or be an exception to the rule, lol.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am
Now I’m curious if their policy makes the assumption that the male would be paying, penalizing women for their offsprings gender or dining guest, or be an exception to the rule, lol.
It would be fun to go there and act all triggered. 'What do you mean the man is paying? I can't treat him? What kind of stereotypical bull shit is this anyway? ' Because when I dated a man we normally took turns paying since I worked and figured it was only fair. And I think the men appreciated this. Certainly they never complained lol.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That would be a good plan! Confuse them.
Or you could go with a male friend and when the check comes in you could say “so if I’M paying this time, are you going to charge me a surplus for this guy? That’s not fair!”
water<wine wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm Well, lets be honest here. They were alienating most people just by being vegan then throw in their sexist policy, I am not surprised. I am surprised this discrimination is legal in Australia though.

If I were a man, I would go with a wig on and claim to identify as a woman, then sit there man spreading while I ate like a pig and demanded they put sports on. It would be hilarious.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm Not that it matters, now that they are closing. Priority seating or not, I wouldn't patronize the place.
Me neither. I would have turned around when I saw the “house rules”.

That’s ridiculous.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 am That would be a good plan! Confuse them.
Or you could go with a male friend and when the check comes in you could say “so if I’M paying this time, are you going to charge me a surplus for this guy? That’s not fair!”
water<wine wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm Well, lets be honest here. They were alienating most people just by being vegan then throw in their sexist policy, I am not surprised. I am surprised this discrimination is legal in Australia though.

If I were a man, I would go with a wig on and claim to identify as a woman, then sit there man spreading while I ate like a pig and demanded they put sports on. It would be hilarious.
I'd go in and get triggered.. excuse me? Did you just assume my gender? I'll have you know I'm binary. I don't believe in limiting myself to an either/ or. My preferred pronoun is 'it'. Let them figure out that shit lol. I also do pay for men. With my male friend we take turns buying dinner.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:28 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am

It would be fun to go there and act all triggered. 'What do you mean the man is paying? I can't treat him? What kind of stereotypical bull shit is this anyway? ' Because when I dated a man we normally took turns paying since I worked and figured it was only fair. And I think the men appreciated this. Certainly they never complained lol.
Is it bad I giggled over the thought of pretending social outrage to prove a point? I did the same when I was single and even married sometimes Dh pays on date night, sometimes I do. It’s what I’ve always preferred.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm Not that it matters, now that they are closing. Priority seating or not, I wouldn't patronize the place.
Me neither. I would have turned around when I saw the “house rules”.

That’s ridiculous.
Yep
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Locked Previous topicNext topic