Obama, Hillary, and Media refer to Sri Lanka Victims as "Easter Worshippers"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MOM1018
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

IMO they all had a conference call and with their IQ combined they decided to call Christians "Easter Worshippers". You know, anything other than mentioning that muslims doing violence against christians again. It puts muslims in a negative way.We can't have that!
MOM1018
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm That's because Christian Churches were bombed in Shri Lanka, and yes, they celebrate Easter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/21/worl ... bings.html
Yes, They CELEBRATE Easter. They worship CHRIST.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MOM1018 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:53 pm IMO they all had a conference call and with their IQ combined they decided to call Christians "Easter Worshippers". You know, anything other than mentioning that muslims doing violence against christians again. It puts muslims in a negative way.We can't have that!
Usually it's a 4am memo, that they all get. Not sure about the time zones, and if this would have made it to the 4am message. But it is quite normal for them all to use the exact same wording.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guarantee they will all ignore this and your other post.
Francee89 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm
morgan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm Mentioned what? There was nothing mentioned.
They were called Easter worshippers.
If the NZ attack happened on a holiday they would have been called what? Hanukkah worshippers? Yom Kippur worshipers?
I think not.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:18 pm how is it disrespectful? they are just acknowledging that the attack happened during a holiday services. if the NZ shooter had targeted worshippers during holiday services of course they’d have mentioned that as well.
You thought wrong.

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And you would be wrong.

This is the same thing. I hadn't seen these headlines, but it is just as disrespectful, imo. They aren't there JUST for the holiday... they are there to worship their god together and it is only right to acknowledge that, not just the Day.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 pm Guarantee they will all ignore this and your other post.
morgan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm Mentioned what? There was nothing mentioned.
They were called Easter worshippers.
If the NZ attack happened on a holiday they would have been called what? Hanukkah worshippers? Yom Kippur worshipers?
I think not.

You thought wrong.

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly, how hard is it to say "Christians attacked on Easter Sunday" instead of what they did say? Gets the point across much more clearly. Or even, "Mooslims attacked on Ramadan".
Expand your thinking

Try it.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nobody is saying they are there just for the holiday. All they are saying is that the people were worshipping on Easter. You all are creating a scandal out of thin air.
29again wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:10 pm And you would be wrong.

This is the same thing. I hadn't seen these headlines, but it is just as disrespectful, imo. They aren't there JUST for the holiday... they are there to worship their god together and it is only right to acknowledge that, not just the Day.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 pm Guarantee they will all ignore this and your other post.

You thought wrong.

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MOM1018 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:53 pm IMO they all had a conference call and with their IQ combined they decided to call Christians "Easter Worshippers". You know, anything other than mentioning that muslims doing violence against christians again. It puts muslims in a negative way.We can't have that!
It reminds me a lot of the whole black and white thing. You will see comments and titles of white man or cop kills black man. You never see black man kills black man or black man kills white cop. You only see it when it’s able to spark racial tension. Now we have religious tension.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee posted articles of conservative news sites using terms like “Easter worshippers” and “Christmas worshippers.” She also posted several headlines about “Ramadan worshippers” who had been attacked on their holy days. Why weren’t these phrases so loaded before Obama and Clinton chose to use them?
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm
It reminds me a lot of the whole black and white thing. You will see comments and titles of white man or cop kills black man. You never see black man kills black man or black man kills white cop. You only see it when it’s able to spark racial tension. Now we have religious tension.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 pm Francee posted articles of conservative news sites using terms like “Easter worshippers” and “Christian worshippers.” She also posted several headlines about “Ramadan worshippers” who had been attacked on their holy days. Why weren’t these phrases so loaded before Obama and Clinton chose to use them?
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm
And I just responded to them

Edit: well I guess my reply didn’t post. I hate how the damn replies I make end up making me hit submit twice and if I don’t it doesn’t post 😡
Locked Previous topicNext topic