A second Indiana school counselor loses job over same S*x marriage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

A second counselor at this Indiana Catholic school will lose her job over same-S*x marriage

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 272111002/

Thoughts?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would love to see the parents stand up united and tell the school that either they renew her contract or every student will be withdrawn. But I just don't see that happening. There's still too much bigotry in religions.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gee... I don’t know. It’s a Catholic school, shouldn’t they have a right to stand by their beliefs?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm Gee... I don’t know. It’s a Catholic school, shouldn’t they have a right to stand by their beliefs?
I suppose.
Their “beliefs” are based on prejudices though.
Personally I’d never want to work for anyone who is prejudiced against groups of people .
I don’t know why they thought the school would be fair.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:14 pm I would love to see the parents stand up united and tell the school that either they renew her contract or every student will be withdrawn. But I just don't see that happening. There's still too much bigotry in religions.
You’re right.
🙁
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Why work for hateful religious org in the first place?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t work for anyone whose moral views clash with mine either.
But others have a right to have moral views that clash with mine.
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:30 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm Gee... I don’t know. It’s a Catholic school, shouldn’t they have a right to stand by their beliefs?
I suppose.
Personally I’d never want to work for anyone who is prejudiced against groups of people .
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That makes sense.
But I doubt that there are moral values involved with the school that fired these counselors. It was more likely small-minded prejudices.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 pm I wouldn’t work for anyone whose moral views clash with mine either.
But others have a right to have moral views that clash with mine.
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:30 pm
I suppose.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think they do. Other religious schools would do the same.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

people pay for Private religious schools because they believe in what those schools teach. Jeez louise, its not enough for the left to have their grubby hands all over public school children they think they can force their way into private schools too? she can go work at a public school, ya'll wouldn't defend her if it were reversed and her religion clashed with the public school's standards.
Locked Previous topicNext topic