Sandy Hook Elementary School student’s father is a fatality

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://apple.news/ADo8_b0uyQxarDPwsoxYAuA
Father of child who died at Sandy Hook Elementary commits suicide
It appears that the tragedy and it’s effects just never end.
Are they losing hope that that there will be an answer to ending the outrageously high number of gun deaths in America?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OMG, that’s heartbreaking. It seems he tried to do something positive with his tragedy, but eventually the pain won out.
And after reading about 2 Parkland students committing suicide, it seems to me that if we’re not about to move a finger to control gun violence, then maybe we should at least offer more support to those survivors that were victims of gun violence.
But the same insensitive people that put their right to have a gun above the lives of others are the same ones who usually join the conspiracy theory crowds further victimizing those who lost loved one by calling them liars and pretenders.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that man has carried for so long and in addition, have to deal with those assholes Alex Jones sicced on those families by declaring Sandy Hook was a hoax. If I had lost my daughter at 6 years old in a school shooting, I think I would have ended my life too. My heart breaks for those families. This nation owes those families gun control laws to get those weapons that Adam used off the streets and out of the hands of civilians.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ya, I’m sure it was the “losing hope that there will be an answer to ending the outrageously high number of gun deaths in America” that lead to these more recent tragedies as opposed to you know the extreme gut wrenching grief and pain at losing a loved one or experiencing a traumatic event. Your last sentence reads very apathetic. Here I thought we should oh I don’t know work at abolishing negative stigmas regarding mental health, improve quality and availability of mental health care, etc silly me.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Considering the Sandy Hook shooting happened 7 years ago, it seems unlikely that the pain of loss is what pushed this father to kill himself. He would’ve done that 6-7 years ago if that were the case. And it does seem that he initially tried to use this tragedy to fight against gun violence, so he had a positive attitude. What happened now to change that, not one of us can know. Maybe it was frustration that was triggered by the recent New Zealand shooting and seeing that country immediately take action, while seeing shooting after shooting in America and only hearing about people’s right to own guns. I haven’t lost anyone to gun violence and yet it’s frustrating to ME that every time there’s a shooting, guns lovers start babbling about the 2nd Amendment and how they need guns to,protect themselves from the evil government. I can’t even imagine adding personal grief tonthat frustration and what that can do to amperson.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 pm Ya, I’m sure it was the “losing hope that there will be an answer to ending the outrageously high number of gun deaths in America” that lead to these more recent tragedies as opposed to you know the extreme gut wrenching grief and pain at losing a loved one or experiencing a traumatic event. Your last sentence reads very apathetic. Here I thought we should oh I don’t know work at abolishing negative stigmas regarding mental health, improve quality and availability of mental health care, etc silly me.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s a lot of unknowns and a lot of maybes. But I still think making an agendized speculation as that last sentence read to me, still sounds callous and apathetic. It’s almost as bad as some of the things Alex Jones has said. I imagine as more and more time passed without the pain of loss dissipating it became too much. And with the lawsuit he was involved in against Jones, he couldn’t get out of that hell in his head. Freaking Jones can’t even leave Richman’s suicide alone and is using this tragedy for a new conspiracy. Even in death Richman can’t escape that heartless asshole.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:32 pm Considering the Sandy Hook shooting happened 7 years ago, it seems unlikely that the pain of loss is what pushed this father to kill himself. He would’ve done that 6-7 years ago if that were the case. And it does seem that he initially tried to use this tragedy to fight against gun violence, so he had a positive attitude. What happened now to change that, not one of us can know. Maybe it was frustration that was triggered by the recent New Zealand shooting and seeing that country immediately take action, while seeing shooting after shooting in America and only hearing about people’s right to own guns. I haven’t lost anyone to gun violence and yet it’s frustrating to ME that every time there’s a shooting, guns lovers start babbling about the 2nd Amendment and how they need guns to,protect themselves from the evil government. I can’t even imagine adding personal grief tonthat frustration and what that can do to amperson.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 pm Ya, I’m sure it was the “losing hope that there will be an answer to ending the outrageously high number of gun deaths in America” that lead to these more recent tragedies as opposed to you know the extreme gut wrenching grief and pain at losing a loved one or experiencing a traumatic event. Your last sentence reads very apathetic. Here I thought we should oh I don’t know work at abolishing negative stigmas regarding mental health, improve quality and availability of mental health care, etc silly me.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:42 pm OMG, that’s heartbreaking. It seems he tried to do something positive with his tragedy, but eventually the pain won out.
And after reading about 2 Parkland students committing suicide, it seems to me that if we’re not about to move a finger to control gun violence, then maybe we should at least offer more support to those survivors that were victims of gun violence.
But the same insensitive people that put their right to have a gun above the lives of others are the same ones who usually join the conspiracy theory crowds further victimizing those who lost loved one by calling them liars and pretenders.
Well said.
This is so tragic.
It breaks my heart
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mental health-lack of it- is the cause of these tragic shootings.
But how can we help when the families , friends or spouses of mentally ill people refuse to deal
with Their family member. They are in denial or they’re afraid they might be blamed for it.
The issue of the mental ill is only part of thebigger problem: too many guns, not enough regulations, too easy to get guns without even a background check.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 pm
But how can we help when the families , friends or spouses of mentally ill people refuse to deal
with Their family member. They are in denial or they’re afraid they might be blamed for it.
The issue of the mental ill is only part of thebigger problem: too many guns, not enough regulations, too easy to get guns without even a background check.
wow. You really believe the families & friends of mentally ill people refuse to "deal with" the ill person?
I don't know what it's like in your part of the country, but in my part we have laws about this kind of thing. People have the right to refuse treatment, to refuse their meds. Families are limited in what they can do, friends even more so.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 pm
I do think there needs to be some changes in laws and regulations. The majority of gun laws and regulations are state not federal. Those changes won’t reduce gun related deaths or prevent tragedies like mass shootings. But it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still make some changes. However, to say guns are the bigger problem, in which the data and statistics show as being an inaccurate conclusion, or using tragedies for agendas, attacking gun owners and demeaning them are never going to make changes happen. But this isn’t even about gun laws. This is about a man who took his own life because his emotional suffering and mental state were beyond what he could endure. It was mental illness that lead to the loss of his child, it was mental illness that lead to his suicide.
Locked Previous topicNext topic