Fox News pastor: Christians who follow Trump are spiritually superior to other believers

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:34 am Yeah, it borders on idolatry. And yet many Trump worshippers get pissed if you point out that their devotion borders on idolatry. 🙄
Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:38 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:31 pm My evangelical neighbor has posted memes of Trump walking with Christ, Trump with a halo, Trump on the mount, and Trump walking on water. Her pastor has told her that Trump has been sent by God - and this is a mega church in our community. She and her family have been directly and adversely affected by Trump policies but yet he is practically the second coming. According to my neighbor, Obama was "mud people" so I'm not sure how indicative of the South she is?
This is how they can ignore how grossly unqualified and hateful he is. They’ve made it about this man instead of the office. They literally pledge allegiance to Trump and not the country. It’s sick not to mention dangerous. They remind of those North Koreans who thought their leader didn’t poop and was immortal.

It's weird that leaders are going to go that extreme. Part of the tenants of Christianity is that you only worship G-d. No false idols, other gods, and you certainly don't worship another mortal. I'm shocked actually because none of that is supposed to be. That sounds crazy to me. Why don't they know better?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thereby proving it. And it doesn’t border it, it’s way over the line into idolatry. I think half of them would vote to eliminate democracy if it meant Trump for life.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:34 am Yeah, it borders on idolatry. And yet many Trump worshippers get pissed if you point out that their devotion borders on idolatry. 🙄
msb64 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:31 pm My evangelical neighbor has posted memes of Trump walking with Christ, Trump with a halo, Trump on the mount, and Trump walking on water. Her pastor has told her that Trump has been sent by God - and this is a mega church in our community. She and her family have been directly and adversely affected by Trump policies but yet he is practically the second coming. According to my neighbor, Obama was "mud people" so I'm not sure how indicative of the South she is?
This is how they can ignore how grossly unqualified and hateful he is. They’ve made it about this man instead of the office. They literally pledge allegiance to Trump and not the country. It’s sick not to mention dangerous. They remind of those North Koreans who thought their leader didn’t poop and was immortal.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:42 pm
water<wine wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 pm I disagree with his statement and I am not an "Evangelical" but what he said is no different from the Pope constantly making moral judgments on Trump- claiming hes not a real christian and criticizing the morality of the political stances of Americans who want the wall.
The Pope was criticizing a man. These people actually think he’s more than just an ordinary man but was sent from God! That’s some crazy thinking. And Trump isn’t a religious man and if they think he is they really aren’t dealing with any type of reality.
No, the pope was judging exactly the way the bible says NOT to Judge. The pope has no authority to decide who is real christian in their hearts. Maybe you haven't noticed that many religious people attribute EVERYTHING to God? why would Trump be any different? The Jews in Israel also believe Trump is being used by God. They compare him to Cyrus.

Fact is Trump is representing them and their rights unlike the previous administration. Of course they see that as their prayers being answered. how do you know he isn't?
trump-coin-ht-er-180511_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 am
water<wine wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 pm I disagree with his statement and I am not an "Evangelical" but what he said is no different from the Pope constantly making moral judgments on Trump- claiming hes not a real christian and criticizing the morality of the political stances of Americans who want the wall.
The Pope was criticizing a man. These people actually think he’s more than just an ordinary man but was sent from God! That’s some crazy thinking. And Trump isn’t a religious man and if they think he is they really aren’t dealing with any type of reality.
No, the pope was judging exactly the way the bible says NOT to Judge. The pope has no authority to decide who is real christian in their hearts. Maybe you haven't noticed that many religious people attribute EVERYTHING to God? why would Trump be any different? The Jews in Israel also believe Trump is being used by God. They compare him to Cyrus.

Fact is Trump is representing them and their rights unlike the previous administration. Of course they see that as their prayers being answered. how do you know he isn't?

I don’t remember any other presidents the evangelicals thought were sent from god. Were there others? As for Israel they have their share of religious fanatics but just as many are horrified by Trump. I know with the religious right it’s all about getting into everyone else’s business about who they marry and if they decide to end a pregnancy. Besides the judges I’m not sure what they think he’s doing for them that no one else has done.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 am

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So insane....
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trump? The guy who can't even quote the Bible properly? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, they're religious nut cases who could use therapy and more education.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm
Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, a Fox News contributor, said on Sunday that Christian followers of President Donald Trump tend to have “deeper convictions” than other believers.

While appearing on Fox & Friends, Jeffress dismissed a poll that showed a drop in the number of people who call themselves evangelicals.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/fox-ne ... believers/
Jeffress needs to lose his 501C tax-exempt status.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know how Trump inspires such devotion!
There’s nothing about him that appeals to me or my friends and family. ( In fact, he inspires loathing and nausea!)
He’s not fulfilling “ his promises”, he’s alienating our allies , he’s eliminating everything that protects our environment and , worst of all, he is separating families and making thousands of little kids into orphans because he’s so hostile toward them.
I can’t believe we have this dude in the White House.
It’s like living in the Twilight Zone

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 am Thereby proving it. And it doesn’t border it, it’s way over the line into idolatry. I think half of them would vote to eliminate democracy if it meant Trump for life.

Locked Previous topicNext topic