Trump supporters claim that Jan. 6 was not an "armed insurrection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"According to the Justice Department, on Jan. 6, Banuelos was captured on video as he climbed a scaffolding being used to prepare the Capitol for Joe Biden's inauguration. Prosecutors allege he waved to the crowd, pulled out his gun and fired two shots in the air.

The Justice Department filed charges against Banuelos in March, noting that "Banuelos raised his jacket to reveal a firearm in his waistband. He then moved to the south side of the West Plaza, where he was a part of a crowd that had breached the police line." The allegations against him prompted questions about claims by some Trump supporters that Jan. 6 was not an "armed insurrection."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6- ... nal-cases/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So what are they calling it now? A self guided tour? SMDH ....
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:25 pm So what are they calling it now? A self guided tour? SMDH ....
A lot of them claim it wasn't an "insurrection" because NO guns or weapons were involved.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I mean, it was broadcasted live on the news. I was home that day and watched part of it. We saw their guns, spears, kevlar, noose, etc. There were 2,000+ people there, how can this one dude say there were no guns?

IDK if guns are the only point to be made here, though. Their intention was to take over and prevent the re-count, hoping to keep Trump in office. They were chanting to hang elected officials.

Coup, overthrow, insurrection. It all boils down to the same thing. This is a bit like a child denying he ate all the cookies while their mouth is covered in chocolate.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“History is not written by the victors but by those who want you to believe it.”
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Either we are against these type of violent uprisings… or we aren’t.

It’s no point trying to choose who is allowed to act like this and who isn’t…

We are against the actions that seek to harm others or we accept it.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 pm Either we are against these type of violent uprisings… or we aren’t.

What an odd thing to say. What other violent uprising intent on disrupting and stopping the electoral process and turn an exiting president into a dictator do you think we haven’t been against?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 pm Either we are against these type of violent uprisings… or we aren’t.

What an odd thing to say. What other violent uprising intent on disrupting and stopping the electoral process and turn an exiting president into a dictator do you think we haven’t been against?
You got quite specific , I didn’t.

I said, We are against the actions that seek to harm others or we accept it.

My comment is true in a plethora of situations.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:33 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm

You got quite specific , I didn’t.

I said, We are against the actions that seek to harm others or we accept it.

My comment is true in a plethora of situations.
This is a post about Jan 6 insurrection. You said “these type of violent uprisings”. That implies similar violent uprisings. IF you are trying to compare recent protests, which are debatable to even call uprisings… I’d have no problem if Iranians decided to engage in a violent uprising against their current government but I am still against what J6ers attempted to do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic