235 MILITARY OFFICIALS ENDORSE TRUMP CRITICIZE OBAMA/BIDEN RECORD.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:28 am
29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm

No need to swear to get out of my “F***ing bubble”. I understand as well as you do. Just don’t agree. We all live in the US. Why should someone who chooses to live in a rural state need to get their vote counted more?

Small states elect representatives to exclusively represent their rural states with two senators and a number of congressman. Wyoming with their 500,000+ population gets two votes in the senate. California with 40,000,000 population also only gets two votes. Some of the smaller States are complaining about not having enough congressmen even though they have tiny populations.

How often do you travel around the country?
Every state gets 2 senators. Every state has a different number of representatives based on the states population. So, the more populated a state is, the more votes it has. California will always have more votes than Wyoming simply because more people live in Cali. California, as a STATE, has more votes than all the other states. But there is no reason why states like WY or RI should have NO votes, which is basically what you are advocating for by eliminating the EC. It's like you think only the people in certain states should have a voice in electing the President, and there are a lot of people who think otherwise.

I can't quite figure why I need to explain how elections work to you....
And apparently the way primaries work is no problem for you, but the presidential election with the EC is a huge issue. I honestly don't get that. I think the primaries are way more FUBAR'ed than the presidential election is.
I’m happy you remember and are able to recite your high school history lesson on how the system works. What you don’t seem to be able to do is discuss why it may or may not be time to change it.
Well then, by all means, let me know why you think it time to change it. What would a better, yet FAIR, system, which gives a voice to all states rather than catering to the 3 or 4 most populated states? What would be better than the Electoral College?

I'm not really discussing that because I believe the EC is working perfectly as intended. I see no need to change things up to suit a few communist/marxist wannabes.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm
29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Every state gets 2 senators. Every state has a different number of representatives based on the states population. So, the more populated a state is, the more votes it has. California will always have more votes than Wyoming simply because more people live in Cali. California, as a STATE, has more votes than all the other states. But there is no reason why states like WY or RI should have NO votes, which is basically what you are advocating for by eliminating the EC. It's like you think only the people in certain states should have a voice in electing the President, and there are a lot of people who think otherwise.

I can't quite figure why I need to explain how elections work to you....
And apparently the way primaries work is no problem for you, but the presidential election with the EC is a huge issue. I honestly don't get that. I think the primaries are way more FUBAR'ed than the presidential election is.
I’m happy you remember and are able to recite your high school history lesson on how the system works. What you don’t seem to be able to do is discuss why it may or may not be time to change it.
Well then, by all means, let me know why you think it time to change it. What would a better, yet FAIR, system, which gives a voice to all states rather than catering to the 3 or 4 most populated states? What would be better than the Electoral College?

I'm not really discussing that because I believe the EC is working perfectly as intended. I see no need to change things up to suit a few communist/marxist wannabes.
Marxist/communists wannabes? Have you been listening to Fox News commentators again? Because that makes no sense at all. How the heck does one person/one vote have anything to do with communists?

People who live in communist countries don't get to vote directly for president. In that way they are more like our electoral system than like democratic countries. In Cuba, voters vote for members of the National Assembly of People’s Power. Those people will then choose the president.

The United States is actually the only democratic country that has a system in which voters elect a body of “electors” and they then are actually the ones who choose the president.

Every other democratic country has rural areas and areas where the majority of citizens live in. Almost 75% of people in Europe live in urban areas yet they have fair systems with each person's vote is as equal as the next person's.

And misusing words like communist makes me wonder if you understand at all.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 pm
29again wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Marxist/communists wannabes? Have you been listening to Fox News commentators again? Because that makes no sense at all. How the heck does one person/one vote have anything to do with communists?

People who live in communist countries don't get to vote directly for president. In that way they are more like our electoral system than like democratic countries. In Cuba, voters vote for members of the National Assembly of People’s Power. Those people will then choose the president.

The United States is actually the only democratic country that has a system in which voters elect a body of “electors” and they then are actually the ones who choose the president.

Every other democratic country has rural areas and areas where the majority of citizens live in. Almost 75% of people in Europe live in urban areas yet they have fair systems with each person's vote is as equal as the next person's.

And misusing words like communist makes me wonder if you understand at all.
No one cares what other countries do. Maybe you should find another country to live in since you seem to hate this one.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So sorry for those people-they clearly cannot read or comprehend the complete lack of Trump's actually being tough on our adversaries around the world. Trump is nothing more than Putin's lapdog. If you read those stupid and so-called "beautiful letters" sent to Trump by Kim are appalling and stupid. Trump is again worshipping Kim and Kim, like Putin, knows it and is no doubt laughing at how easy it is to manipulate Trump. He worships dictators and throws a hissy fit when he finds he cannot get away with that crap. As for defense spending cuts-you seem to be saying Dems cannot try to reduce unnecessary spending by cutting programs, only Republicans can. And that is just crazy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic