Florida is a disaster zone. What else is new.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:43 pm of course you all ignore the democrat paradise of california 🙄

California and Florida hit record for average daily coronavirus cases as U.S. hospitalizations surge

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/califor ... surge.html
This is an article about Florida hitting a record number of cases after the governor going off the rails and accusing the media of exaggerating the risks if Florida didn’t follow the recommendations.

But the dumb as rocks base comes back with the usual whatabout. Keep it stupid, base!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:47 am
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:02 am
Mr.Smile wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:43 pm of course you all ignore the democrat paradise of california 🙄

California and Florida hit record for average daily coronavirus cases as U.S. hospitalizations surge

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/califor ... surge.html
That reminds me, not one news outlet has reported on how many of the thousands and thousands of homeless people in SF and LA and other big cities have COVID and especially how many of those have died.

Then we have the press covering up the number of cases among the protesters in the major cities.
You know those sweet, innocent protesters have absolutely NOTHING to do with this! That's why they're not allowed to even ask that question in screening. Those thousands of people on top of each other, spitting, screaming and not showering didn't do a thing!

They've actually provided a service and are helping stamp out the virus according to scientists. Haven't you heard? But don't go protest the lockdowns. That would be BAD! The virus is very smart - it can tell the difference between who's protesting what. The virus actually supports the BLM movement.

These imbeciles wonder why we don't trust any information we get from "the doctors" and why people just won't listen and obey whatever drivel the government "experts" blather out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1232045

https://coloradosun.com/2020/06/30/poli ... us-spread/

California is completely different than the south and we probably aren’t seeing spikes for the same reasons and BLM can’t be blamed for everything.

Y’all know I can’t stand stereotypical bullshit towards the south but the decisions these Republican governors made under Trump’s guidance is biting us in the ass like many of us who live here knew it would. This pandemic should have never been politicized to the extreme that it has and that happened way before Floyd’s death.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I said back in March that Desantis needed to lock us down. I thought he was listening to the experts at first and doing a fair job, but then he swung to following Trump's lead.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:24 pm I said back in March that Desantis needed to lock us down. I thought he was listening to the experts at first and doing a fair job, but then he swung to following Trump's lead.
I feel the same way about Kemp..he is bickering with Bottoms over Atlanta right now like they are a divorcing couple going through custody battles. It is asinine. She is doing what she thinks is best while he is willing to let groups of up to 50+ meet, have White Water open, Six Flags open, restaurants can seat up to 10 at a table now, etc..he is a complete moron as our numbers are steadily increasing.
My mother keeps telling me that everything is in south FL. I informed her today that she is incorrect and where she lives has a pretty high number of people infected...which is dangerous since it is The Villages..aka - God's Waiting Room. Dh looked up the current numbers yesterday for The Villages and said he thinks a lot of homes will be for sale in the coming months since it is a retirement area for 55+ and the median age is 70.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 pm
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:02 am

That reminds me, not one news outlet has reported on how many of the thousands and thousands of homeless people in SF and LA and other big cities have COVID and especially how many of those have died.

Then we have the press covering up the number of cases among the protesters in the major cities.
You know those sweet, innocent protesters have absolutely NOTHING to do with this! That's why they're not allowed to even ask that question in screening. Those thousands of people on top of each other, spitting, screaming and not showering didn't do a thing!

They've actually provided a service and are helping stamp out the virus according to scientists. Haven't you heard? But don't go protest the lockdowns. That would be BAD! The virus is very smart - it can tell the difference between who's protesting what. The virus actually supports the BLM movement.

These imbeciles wonder why we don't trust any information we get from "the doctors" and why people just won't listen and obey whatever drivel the government "experts" blather out.

California is completely different than the south and we probably aren’t seeing spikes for the same reasons and BLM can’t be blamed for everything.

Y’all know I can’t stand stereotypical bullshit towards the south but the decisions these Republican governors made under Trump’s guidance is biting us in the ass like many of us who live here knew it would. This pandemic should have never been politicized to the extreme that it has and that happened way before Floyd’s death.
I agree. We've had protests in Florida but not so many that we can blame our cases on them. What seems to me to be the problem is good old boys that see masks as the death of mom and apple pie. The people wailing over mandatory masks in city hall meetings are sickening. We have a governor with the common sense of a broken pencil. He opened too fast and other than closing bars won't do a damned thing to enforce masks or anything else. That's up to the counties to do with no help from anyone. And we've got people in south Florida coming from God knows where that either don't know or don't care about social distancing. And I swear the heat is good for this virus. It certainly isn't killing it. The only thing the heat is killing is our brain cells.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:41 pm

I agree. We've had protests in Florida but not so many that we can blame our cases on them. What seems to me to be the problem is good old boys that see masks as the death of mom and apple pie. The people wailing over mandatory masks in city hall meetings are sickening. We have a governor with the common sense of a broken pencil. He opened too fast and other than closing bars won't do a damned thing to enforce masks or anything else. That's up to the counties to do with no help from anyone. And we've got people in south Florida coming from God knows where that either don't know or don't care about social distancing. And I swear the heat is good for this virus. It certainly isn't killing it. The only thing the heat is killing is our brain cells.
If it were protests causing it then NYC would have seen a massive increase. Instead the positive rate for testing is 1.95%. Florida's positive rate was 20%.

But I'm pretty sure the people who keep mentioning the protests and "more testing means more positives" don't like facts.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why are Americans such selfish assholes?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

We had some in Dallas. It may have had an impact but minimal IMO. We’re having the same problems here and it has been draining. I can completely understand the people out of work but fighting over masks and social distancing? It’s ridiculous.

I heard about that! It is CRAZY how many people are still to Florida like there isn’t a pandemic. Seems so selfish to me.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:17 am

We had some in Dallas. It may have had an impact but minimal IMO. We’re having the same problems here and it has been draining. I can completely understand the people out of work but fighting over masks and social distancing? It’s ridiculous.

I heard about that! It is CRAZY how many people are still to Florida like there isn’t a pandemic. Seems so selfish to me.
Our county just imposed a mandatory mask ordinance for thirty days. I can't even look at the facebook page. You'd think our rights have been stripped. I want to scream what the ever living f**k do you idiots want-to go back into F***ing lockdown? It's going to come to that or we're going to have a high death rate. Someone literally said Lord help the victims of abuse who can't take anything covering their face. I'm like what? I hate things like shirts or blankets over my head. It makes me panic but I can still handle a mask. Okay maybe there are a few unfortunate souls who have that kind of terrible PTSD. If you do, get an exemption. Better yet, all our stores have delivery options for you. But I bet by and large most can handle a soft surgical mask. Idk what our problem is other than the heat and complete denial have softened our brains and hardened our hearts. And our governor isn't helping. Don't even get me started on DeVos. I tolerated her until she more or less said on CNN that school districts are on their own. Now I wish nothing more than to see the back of her leaving office.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We had to be to win the Cold War. Now we can't shake it.

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:49 am Why are Americans such selfish assholes?
Locked Previous topicNext topic