What do you consider to be a single mom?

SissyAnn141
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

A single mom is : The mother of the children is not married. It does not mean she can not take care of her children.
mrsary
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

I raise my children completely on my own. When my mom was alive, she helped out so much that I didn't consider myself a single mom. A single parent is someone who's parenting alone. It can be interpreted in different ways.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

A single mom is a mom raising her children without a partner living in the same house with her. Your ex is an idiot.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 am I don't think receiving cs or having a support system disqualifies anyone from being a single mom. A single mom/dad are the parent raising kids without a partner.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you are the only adult on deck then you are a single parent no matter who else is supporting you. If there is another adult helping you AT HOME you might not be a single parent.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've heard that before (single mom being only a single parent raising kids with zero support). My ex husband was under that belief as well. He griped about his ex wife calling herself a single mom because he paid CS. Said since she was getting some support, she wasn't a single mom.

A single parent is a parent raising the children in their home without a partner/other parent to the children. Having the ex involved with the kids and paying support does not change this definition.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

One person being responsible for everything. A divorcee is not a single parent unless the other parent is a deadbeat or absent.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You wouldn't be with the father of your child but you would have someone to bounce ideas off of and moral support. That's huge.
WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:00 pm I'm a single mom. In not with the father of my child. And I'm single. However, if I were to get with someone would that make me not a single mom? I'm not with the father of my child but if I remarry would that disqualify me as a single mom?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you're single and not living with the father of your kids and you're essentially raising them in your home, with or without child support, then you are a single mom.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I always just said I was single- that is, unmarried. Divorced. Now my ex passed away so either way you look at it I'm a single mom. But I usually don't describe myself that way. If it comes up I'll say I have children.
Locked Previous topicNext topic