Do you ever feel like you wasted your life?

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I feel like I wasted all of my young, non child having years with my first ex-husband. All that time I could have been going to college and traveling, I was tied down to a man 8 years older than me with kids already. So here I am at 42 years old, still in college (with probably 3 more years until my bachelors degree) and trying to finally travel and do things. Around kids schedules, work schedules and college) There are days where I am so angry at myself I could scream.
Mostly on days where I feel like there is so much to do, and no time to do it.
Don't get me wrong, I am making the best life I can right now, but I still think I did everything else all wrong.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
lalaballet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I get it. I am not a single mom now but have been twice. Eight years with a pos as an army wife and all that time I could’ve done something with myself instead of being emotionally beaten down. I adore my kids but at the same time it’s hard to balance all of it and I’m not where I want to be.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lalaballet wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 am I get it. I am not a single mom now but have been twice. Eight years with a pos as an army wife and all that time I could’ve done something with myself instead of being emotionally beaten down. I adore my kids but at the same time it’s hard to balance all of it and I’m not where I want to be.
Yes, my life could have been so different.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Don't regret your past. It made you who you are today. Who you are today is a strong courageous woman. Today you are a woman who is taking back control of her life. Today you are a woman who is making plans for her future. Today you are a woman who is picking up the pieces of her life, discarding the pieces that just don't fit anymore and filling it in with pieces made of diamonds and gold.

I know its hard to let go. Be angry as long as you need to be. 10 years from now you will not regret what you're doing today. 10 years from now you'll look back and say wow look who I was then.

You didn't waste those years. Life is a journey. We've taken a hard road, but slow and steady wins the race.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 am Don't regret your past. It made you who you are today. Who you are today is a strong courageous woman. Today you are a woman who is taking back control of her life. Today you are a woman who is making plans for her future. Today you are a woman who is picking up the pieces of her life, discarding the pieces that just don't fit anymore and filling it in with pieces made of diamonds and gold.

I know its hard to let go. Be angry as long as you need to be. 10 years from now you will not regret what you're doing today. 10 years from now you'll look back and say wow look who I was then.

You didn't waste those years. Life is a journey. We've taken a hard road, but slow and steady wins the race.
I’m trying very hard to not see the time as wasted. I look and see how I didn’t grow at all in my marriages, I’m growing now. It is a great journey.

I’m still very angry, that I was treated so badly and allowed myself to be treated in ways less than I deserved.
I have learned so much about what I deserve and the standards I have.
Locked Previous topicNext topic