Hockey withdrawal

AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 am I like both teams that are in the finals. Because it'd make a great story, I'd love to see Vegas win. But on the other hand, I feel bad that the GREAT 8 still doesn't have a cup!

Did you watch tonight's game?

PS: I'm happy to hear that your husband does not like Marchand! LOL!
The game Monday night was amazing! LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. My husband left to go to the corner store when the score was 1-1. When he came back it was 2-2. He went to get ready for work, got out of the shower and it was 3-3. 10 min after he left for work it was 4-4. When I messaged him with the 6-4 score, he was beside himself. :)

About Marchand...yeah. We've had a lot of conversations about his antics in this house. LOL
That game was nuts! My daughter was watching the game with me and she kept falling asleep. (Don't ask me how she could!) But every time she woke up, it was tied up again! This is an excellent match up! It's hard to tell who's going to win!
I'm going to be going absolutely nuts, though. I'll watch tomorrow night's game but after that, we're heading to the mountains where there's NO internet! Anything might happen before I get back home next Sunday!
Oh!What a time for a vacation! I hope you have a great time though. I am looking forward to tonights game. They really are doing a good job of keeping the fans on the edge of their seats!
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's gonna be fun watching tonight. Are you pumped up?
I've got my DVR set to record all of this week's games! I just hope someone doesn't slip up and tell me all about the games before I actually view them!
I hope your husband gets to sit still and watch tonight's game! Better not walk away for ONE minute tonight! LOL
AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:05 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

The game Monday night was amazing! LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. My husband left to go to the corner store when the score was 1-1. When he came back it was 2-2. He went to get ready for work, got out of the shower and it was 3-3. 10 min after he left for work it was 4-4. When I messaged him with the 6-4 score, he was beside himself. :)

About Marchand...yeah. We've had a lot of conversations about his antics in this house. LOL
That game was nuts! My daughter was watching the game with me and she kept falling asleep. (Don't ask me how she could!) But every time she woke up, it was tied up again! This is an excellent match up! It's hard to tell who's going to win!
I'm going to be going absolutely nuts, though. I'll watch tomorrow night's game but after that, we're heading to the mountains where there's NO internet! Anything might happen before I get back home next Sunday!
Oh!What a time for a vacation! I hope you have a great time though. I am looking forward to tonights game. They really are doing a good job of keeping the fans on the edge of their seats!
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:37 pm It's gonna be fun watching tonight. Are you pumped up?
I've got my DVR set to record all of this week's games! I just hope someone doesn't slip up and tell me all about the games before I actually view them!
I hope your husband gets to sit still and watch tonight's game! Better not walk away for ONE minute tonight! LOL

He didn't get to watch. Had to settle for the highlights on YouTube this morning. I loved the game though. I am getting the biggest kick out of Ovechkin. Good idea DVRing the games! This is turning out to be a fantastic series.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Finally watched the last two games. What a series this one was! Before I left for vaca., I assumed the Caps were going to win. Was happy for Ovie! Did you watch much of the parade/festivities? Ovie is like a little kid! :) I'm happy for him!

Now we only have to wait about 3 months for it to all start up all over again! I'm ready! Are you?
AsteroidStar wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:34 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:37 pm It's gonna be fun watching tonight. Are you pumped up?

He didn't get to watch. Had to settle for the highlights on YouTube this morning. I loved the game though. I am getting the biggest kick out of Ovechkin. Good idea DVRing the games! This is turning out to be a fantastic series.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I was crying when Ovi lifted the cup. For him and Oshie. Did you hear that Oshie's father has Alzheimer's? Hearing him being so hopeful that his Dad would remember this broke my heart. Ovi is going all out with the cup though. There is a picture going around of him naked in bed with it. LOL
We are watching hockey movies and documentaries to make up for the lack of games. :)
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm Finally watched the last two games. What a series this one was! Before I left for vaca., I assumed the Caps were going to win. Was happy for Ovie! Did you watch much of the parade/festivities? Ovie is like a little kid! :) I'm happy for him!

Now we only have to wait about 3 months for it to all start up all over again! I'm ready! Are you?

SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hadn't heard that story about Oshie's dad! Awe! I like Oshie, too. Some of these guys are just real sweethearts. And then there's the ah*0#$s of hockey like....Do you remember Sean Avery (Rangers)? Couldn't stand that guy! He could never step foot of Philadelphia ice without hearing the traditional "Avery Sucks" chant. LOL
I have seen many of the Ovi pics of him with the cup. I don't think he's ever gonna let that thing out of his sight! LOL. Did you see where Ovi and Holtby were on Jimmy Fallon? And they both turned him upside down and lifted him by his feet so that he could drink out of the cup? Too funny! It's great to see this group of guys having so much fun with this win. I'm happy for the team but especially Ovechkin. He's really been taking a lot of slack over the years for "not caring" or "not putting forth his full effort." He got the last laugh, though. Not only has he raised the cup but did you catch his final words after the parade? If not, google, "Ovechkin parade We don't suck." But make sure you have no toddlers in the room when you view it! LOL. Good for him!
I watch a lot of the hockey movies and documentaries this time of year, too. Makes us more well balanced fans! LOL

AsteroidStar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am I was crying when Ovi lifted the cup. For him and Oshie. Did you hear that Oshie's father has Alzheimer's? Hearing him being so hopeful that his Dad would remember this broke my heart. Ovi is going all out with the cup though. There is a picture going around of him naked in bed with it. LOL
We are watching hockey movies and documentaries to make up for the lack of games. :)
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm Finally watched the last two games. What a series this one was! Before I left for vaca., I assumed the Caps were going to win. Was happy for Ovie! Did you watch much of the parade/festivities? Ovie is like a little kid! :) I'm happy for him!

Locked Previous topicNext topic