Is the student or the instructor wrong?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am currently taking online classes towards my degree.

There has been some drama in my class. A huge portion of the grade for the class is for discussion posts. Each week we have a new topic or question to answer. We have to make our own post and then we respond to our peers posts from the previous week.

One of the guys did the discussion post for the wrong week. He posted it on time and did the peer responses. The teacher gave him a 0 for the week because he did not do the appropriate discussion post. The student thinks that the instructor should allow him to redo the post and get points or that he should at least get partial credit for the peer responses.

The instructor said no and said the discussion post must be done before responding to peers which is a rule. The student is thinking about taking it higher up because he feels it is unfair.

I think the student is being pretty ridiculous. It sucks that he did the work and is going to have no credit for it BUT it is his fault that he answered the wrong question. The only reason I even know all of this is because there is a facebook group for the students in the class to be able to talk, ask questions, and talk about problems.

Who do you think is wrong?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Idk. I'd have to see the post in the facebook group.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This happened to my 13 year old in 7th grade this year. She did the wrong questions for something and the teacher gave her a 0. I told her to pay more attention to what she is supposed to be doing. It has not happened again. So i guess I'm siding with the teacher.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

While it would be nice if the professor let him redo it, he certainly isn't required to and he isn't a bad professor for not allowing it. College is practice for real world jobs, you don't always get a do over. He should have paid attention to details like that.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess that's part of the lesson, in addition to the course work he's covering. Depending on what this person goes on to do, attention to detail may mean the difference between life and death for someone. He needs to pay better attention.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The student. Too bad, so sad. He should have paid more attention. That's life - sometimes there are no do-overs.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The student failed to read the entire assignment-had he done so he would have realized it was the wrong week. Thus, the burden is his not the proctor.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The student failed to read the entire assignment-had he done so he would have realized it was the wrong week. Thus, the burden is his not the proctor.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The student did not follow instructions and got a grade to reflect that. I think that student needs to accept the grade, move on and make sure he doesn’t make that mistake again.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I did an online class that you had to do this in. If I would have posted the wrong discussion I would have received a zero.
It would be my own fault and since I was an honors student I would have kicked myself.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic