Phew, Peetie's finally home

Deleted User 670

Unread post

We tossed my brother's cats outside this morning before breakfast. Well my husband did as he left. When I got up to feed everyone, only Gracie and Budley were at the door. He finally came home when it started getting dark. I don't think he actually left our side of the street. My neighbor next door has so many bushes that I think he was hiding out in his yard. We went outside constantly calling him. So glad he's home. They were outdoor cats before my brother got sick and they've all gained weight being cooped up in the house. So it's time to let them learn the neighborhood and get some exercise. Peetie was a stray that basically walked into my brother's house and claimed him as his new person so I knew he'd be ok. My daughter on the other hand was a nervous wreck. I also have bright orange reflective collars on them with my phone number so if someone finds them I'll get a call.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

NO! Anyone who lets their cats outside is setting them up to be killed by a car, catch a disease from other animals, or lost. They have gained weight because you are feeding them too much so the solution is to reduce their food rather than putting them at risk. Now, you've lost one and it could have been avoided. You should be out looking for them.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 am NO! Anyone who lets their cats outside is setting them up to be killed by a car, catch a disease from other animals, or lost. They have gained weight because you are feeding them too much so the solution is to reduce their food rather than putting them at risk. Now, you've lost one and it could have been avoided. You should be out looking for them.
I live on a very quiet cul de sac street in a 60+ year old tree lined neighborhood full of senior citizens and retirees. I"m not going to stop letting my cats go outside for a few hours on nice days. They gained weight because my brother was underfeeding them to the point of starvation and their food has been cut back for a year and they haven't lost weight because they're not burning any calories. I am looking out for the cats. They're well looked after and quite spoiled. And all of them were indoor/outdoor cats before my brother got sick anyway.
Locked Previous topicNext topic