Yeah, Im not doing that stupid elf thingy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think the whole elf on the shelf thing is dumb. I never got one because I never wanted one.

BM started it at her house and now she wants us to do it at our house. She got the kids all hyped up about it even. DH laughed when she brought it up. Now she is asking me to carry on the tradition at our house. I kindly told her no thanks but she keeps pushing.

She gets into this thing where she tries to connect to me on a "mom" level and says that as a mom I should understand her point. Well I dont because I still think it is stupid. I dont have any motivation to move a stupid little elf around.

There is nothing wrong with saying that the elf on the self stays at moms house but according to some it is the end of the world

First world problems I guess lol. I'm just venting about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My son has had a lot of behavior problems this year so I told him the elf isn't coming back because he already knows my son has been naughty.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I'm not paying $30 to move that thing around my house all month. We never told the kids that santa is real, he's always just been a story, and I think the whole elf is watching you thing is just creepy.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We never did it. Thank goodness no one in the family ever gave us one. I do get a kick out of the funny/naughty picture I've seen over the years.

The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I never got into that elf thing.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She'll get creative and figure out a way to have her elf keeping an eye on them from afar.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This too, happens every year.

Freddy Elf is alive and well in our house, just moving about, watching our every move. He decorated tree with Xmas undies night before last!!! DD is hoping Freddie gets a a GF and brings her along too, LOL. I don't want to buy another one though...
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:18 pm We never did it. Thank goodness no one in the family ever gave us one. I do get a kick out of the funny/naughty picture I've seen over the years.

This reminds me of a blog, I followed one year, where teens were mocking the Elf and every day, they would do "the whore in the drawer" and would pose a naked barbie in provocative position with Ken and the Avengers, and even the elf... it was SO inappropriate and wrong on so many levels, yet, I laughed every damn time...
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Put up a Santa Cam and call it good. That way you can still play into the kids belief in Santa and stuff. Yet you don’t have to move anything.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never wanted one, but my husband came home with one a few years ago. I don't do anything elaborate with him. He just sort of changes positions and occasionally brings a treat. A funny story did come out of it though.

When we first got him my DD was acting up in the store and I asked if she thought people appreciated her behavior. She looked at be for a second then gasped and said "Oh no, Michael Bolton will tell Santa I've been naughty!" I was like the musician? The guy from Office Space? Why do you think Michael Bolton has an in with Santa? Unbeknownst to me, that was what they named the elf. The guy stocking the shelf at Target was trying so hard not to laugh.
Locked Previous topicNext topic