Writer's Block Blows

Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've been in a slump for a good 18 months, almost 2 yrs now. I have some unfinished writing projects for my fan fic series, but also have an original story that is complete (shy of editing and re-reading) and some basic notes down for another original idea that may or may not take off.

It's been stressful the last few years and I know that is playing into it, but still stinks that I stare at these projects and they just stare back unfinished and mocking me.

How do some of you deal with writers/art block? I feel like I'm never going to get out of it.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have two unfinished stories still on the fan fic site that I STILL get emails on. When are you going to finish?

hahaha... yeah. When I have time and creative energy. But one thing I do when I have a block is I lay down and play thing out in my mind before I go to sleep. Different situations, different replies, actions, etc... sometimes it helps.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I do that a lot too, playing out things in my head. I feel like I'm slowly crawling out of the funk but still agitating that I can't seem to find inspiration to do what I've loved for so long
jas wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:26 pm I have two unfinished stories still on the fan fic site that I STILL get emails on. When are you going to finish?

hahaha... yeah. When I have time and creative energy. But one thing I do when I have a block is I lay down and play thing out in my mind before I go to sleep. Different situations, different replies, actions, etc... sometimes it helps.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:19 pm I do that a lot too, playing out things in my head. I feel like I'm slowly crawling out of the funk but still agitating that I can't seem to find inspiration to do what I've loved for so long
jas wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:26 pm I have two unfinished stories still on the fan fic site that I STILL get emails on. When are you going to finish?

ditto
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I just reread some work i did previously. Its good for a rough draft. Maybe reread some old work to see if you find some inspiration.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:17 pm I just reread some work i did previously. Its good for a rough draft. Maybe reread some old work to see if you find some inspiration.
Funny thing is less than 2 weeks later, I was pumping them out like fire, LOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic