Exercise as a hobby?

Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes! I run it relieves stress for me, it’s enjoyable, and it’s my alone time.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Exercise and diet can be a hobby for me too. While I understand the need for fitness and the health advantages that fitness brings, sometimes working on certain running/walking routes and managing some diets becomes a hobby as well as a fitness initiative.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

when I am referring to my hobbies OR my passions, I am typically speaking about the same things.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To be honest I wish it was a hobby of mine. I have been working on this for years trying to make it a form of a hobby that I enjoyed. It hasn't worked yet and I have to tell you I am getting discouraged. I hear so meany people talking about loving the burn and all of that. I have to ask, when does that start? When do you start loving the burn and embracing the pain of a good workout? Because Im not loving it, especially when it comes to the arms or running. It doesn't feel good to me. I need to know the secret.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 pm To be honest I wish it was a hobby of mine. I have been working on this for years trying to make it a form of a hobby that I enjoyed. It hasn't worked yet and I have to tell you I am getting discouraged. I hear so meany people talking about loving the burn and all of that. I have to ask, when does that start? When do you start loving the burn and embracing the pain of a good workout? Because Im not loving it, especially when it comes to the arms or running. It doesn't feel good to me. I need to know the secret.
I started out jogging for 2-3 minutes then walking. Repeat. I did this until I can jog most of the way.
I have an uphill portion though and I only get halfway up before I have to stop and rest.
I only run outside though. I hate treadmills.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic