The Shoe in the Riverbed

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A few years ago, my friends and I had just been through a rough time. One thing we did to distract us was to make road trips. One morning, they were on their way to Carlsbad, New Mexico when they paused alongside a river dam. We stopped at the side of the road for a break.

We walked around and noticed there was a bone in the ground. At first they thought it was a beef or pork bone on some kind. They continued looking around the river bed when they found a strange rust colored rock sticking out from the sand. When they got closer, they realized it was a half-buried little girl’s shoe. We heard a little girl’s voice shout “No! Don’t, please!” They looked around but didn’t see anyone besides themselves. A few minutes later, they spotted another bone.

Now, they began to get scared. The bone was clearly human. A friend called the non-emergency police number for Carlsbad, and they reported what they saw.

We eventually recieved a follow up call from the cops informed us that the rust-colored rock actually wasn’t a rock at all, but the shell of a pickup truck that had disappeared along with the family of three it had been carrying: a man, a woman, and their daughter.
i want candy!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow how long were they missing?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This would make a great haunted short story, with the title “ the shoe in the riverbed”.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The post is kind of hard to understand. You're using the words "they" and "we" at different times. You were either there or you weren't...
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Did you go to the caverns?
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

And this. 😁

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:55 am And this. 😁

Wow... I don't know how I feel about copying a story like that and not mentioning that it didn't happen to you.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I don't see the big deal about posting this. If you read the other stories on the site, it's obvious she's posting stories found elsewhere for us to discuss. I don't see anything wrong with it. She has to do something until people start posting their own stories.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am I don't see the big deal about posting this. If you read the other stories on the site, it's obvious she's posting stories found elsewhere for us to discuss. I don't see anything wrong with it. She has to do something until people start posting their own stories.
That's my purpose, to draw people into this board.
Also, I think this board is to share scary stories whether they happened to you or not.
i want candy!
Deleted User 638

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:27 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am I don't see the big deal about posting this. If you read the other stories on the site, it's obvious she's posting stories found elsewhere for us to discuss. I don't see anything wrong with it. She has to do something until people start posting their own stories.
That's my purpose, to draw people into this board.
Also, I think this board is to share scary stories whether they happened to you or not.

The stories you've posted are certainly scary. I'll be thinking of the latest one when I take out the dog for her late night bathroom break.😣
Locked Previous topicNext topic