The Death of Elisa Lam

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Elisa Lam was last seen on January 31, 2013 in the lobby of the Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. She was vacationing through the West Coast and contacted her parents daily. The calls stopped; however, and the cops were called. Elisa had disappeared.

That February, LAPD released elevator surveillance footage of Lam before her disappearance. The footage shows Lam behaving strangely in the elevator, appearing to talk with invisible people, peering around the corner of the door, crouching in the corner, and opening and closing the door. What exactly is happening in this video raises more questions than answers. Theories range from psychotic episodes, to demonic possession, to unknown assailants just out of the camera's view.
Her body was later found in the hotel's water storage tank on the roof.
i want candy!
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I read up on this after reading your post. The Hotel Cecil has a creepy history. Snopes said the Night Stalker lived there fot a short period of time. There was also mention of a suicide. Wikipedia said there had been more than one suicide on the premises. The first one mentioned was in the 1930's.

A murder took place there as well according to Wiki. That is not a place I'd want to visit.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The authorities ruled her death suicide, I believe. But I'm not buying it. I believe she'd been slipped some drugs and was murdered. She was a tiny little thing. I don't believe she had the strength to lift the lid of that water collector or to climb in it. It's sad that she and her family will never have justice and a murderer got off scot-free.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I remember hearing about this. It’s all pretty fishy, I don’t think we’ll ever know what actually happened.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm I read up on this after reading your post. The Hotel Cecil has a creepy history. Snopes said the Night Stalker lived there fot a short period of time. There was also mention of a suicide. Wikipedia said there had been more than one suicide on the premises. The first one mentioned was in the 1930's.

A murder took place there as well according to Wiki. That is not a place I'd want to visit.
I read that somewhere else as well.
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:30 pm The authorities ruled her death suicide, I believe. But I'm not buying it. I believe she'd been slipped some drugs and was murdered. She was a tiny little thing. I don't believe she had the strength to lift the lid of that water collector or to climb in it. It's sad that she and her family will never have justice and a murderer got off scot-free.
I think this too. I think it was a hotel worker. I believe they said there were alarms and motion detectors up there and I believe the water reserve was supposed to be locked.
i want candy!
Deleted User 114

Unread post

It's suspicious for sure.
Locked Previous topicNext topic