Anyone do Halloween reads?

HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Mostly, I read horror, gothic or mystery all year-round. These genres could be considered Halloween books; except this time of year, I stick to traditional scares, like vampires, ghosts, haunted houses, demons, etc. At the moment, I'm reading a book about a ghost in a strange house--kind of like a parallel world. This is the best season for reading, so enjoy.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It wasn't intentional, but I just started reading Christopher Pikes vampire books. I think I read a few when I was younger, but I didn't realize there were so many.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I haven't read any of his books, but I've heard of him.
caustib wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:37 am It wasn't intentional, but I just started reading Christopher Pikes vampire books. I think I read a few when I was younger, but I didn't realize there were so many.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I read horror all year along. Have you read The Strain?
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not really, Im indulging in doing a 31 days of Halloween viewing instead of reading. Though I may read one of the books I recently got since it’s only Oct 2 and I’m already starting to get burnt out as ydd is wanting to binge watch all the episodes of Face Off, Halloweens, Halloween Wars, etc.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I read horror all year as well (my last read was "The Moonstone" though). But at Halloween time, I stick to more traditional frights (ghosts, vampires, classic titles). At the moment, I'm reading "Melmoth the Wanderer," written in 1820.

I have not read "The Strain." You have mentioned other titles you like and they include a world-wide panic. I read the first two Joe Ledger books and only found them to be fair. I like books that look inward--a smaller panic.

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm I read horror all year along. Have you read The Strain?
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My children have just discovered "The Nightmare Before Christmas." They've been seeing the theme song. What books did you just buy?
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 am Not really, Im indulging in doing a 31 days of Halloween viewing instead of reading. Though I may read one of the books I recently got since it’s only Oct 2 and I’m already starting to get burnt out as ydd is wanting to binge watch all the episodes of Face Off, Halloweens, Halloween Wars, etc.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:34 am My children have just discovered "The Nightmare Before Christmas." They've been seeing the theme song. What books did you just buy?
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 am Not really, Im indulging in doing a 31 days of Halloween viewing instead of reading. Though I may read one of the books I recently got since it’s only Oct 2 and I’m already starting to get burnt out as ydd is wanting to binge watch all the episodes of Face Off, Halloweens, Halloween Wars, etc.
That is so awesome! I think Tim Burton and Danny Elfman pair very well with each other.
I just recently purchased Without Mercy: a body farm novel by Jefferson Bass, Suicide Forest by Jeremy Bates and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Over the weekend, I got Dacre Stoker's new book "Dracul" and "The Spellbook of Katrina van Tassel." The second one is a different viewpoint of the Sleepy Hollow story. It will be my first read with the Sleepy Hollow legend. The original is only a short story.
Locked Previous topicNext topic