How many books do you have to read?

HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Right now, I have 8 paperbacks and 4 e-books. Currently, I'm reading "The Monk" by Matthew Gregory. My reading time has been difficult though.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh gosh, umm, I have no idea. I have several I could re-read but no new hard copies. As for ebooks, I did recently download a few free ebooks, so far they’ve been pretty crappy I’ll normally look for new authors but didn’t this time just selected a few random free ones, lesson learned, lol.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I have 4 books on my kindle that I am reading lol
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Well, I hope your "crappy" reading experiences turn around for you. Fall is normally the best reading of the year.

Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:52 pm Oh gosh, umm, I have no idea. I have several I could re-read but no new hard copies. As for ebooks, I did recently download a few free ebooks, so far they’ve been pretty crappy I’ll normally look for new authors but didn’t this time just selected a few random free ones, lesson learned, lol.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I read one book at a time. I don't know how anyone can read more than one at the same time. I think one book would pull me away from the others, and then I wouldn't read them.

Maybe halfway through my current book, I'll start thinking about what to read next. I find that experience very enjoyable. Right now, it might be "The Moonstone," but it depends how long "The Monk" takes me.
Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm I have 4 books on my kindle that I am reading lol
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 pm Well, I hope your "crappy" reading experiences turn around for you. Fall is normally the best reading of the year.

Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:52 pm Oh gosh, umm, I have no idea. I have several I could re-read but no new hard copies. As for ebooks, I did recently download a few free ebooks, so far they’ve been pretty crappy I’ll normally look for new authors but didn’t this time just selected a few random free ones, lesson learned, lol.
Thank you, I’m sure it will turn around. It’s not entirely the authors fault. A huge part of the problem was I was looking for suspense/thrillers and these books were basically romances with a little mild intrigue. Just not my cup of tea and not really what I think of for the genre. It did surprise me how many books these authors had published, their ratings etc, there were a lot of huge plot holes and grammar so poor I wasn’t sure who was doing what half the time. I don’t like to be to hard on anyone who’s willing to take that risk and put their creative ideas out there like that though.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

May I suggest my current read "The Monk" by Matthew Gregory? It was written in 1794 about an influential Monk's fall from grace. It shows the depravity inside many people, not just a monk. Note that it's written shortly after the Reign of Terror.

Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm
HaggardWitch wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 pm Well, I hope your "crappy" reading experiences turn around for you. Fall is normally the best reading of the year.

Thank you, I’m sure it will turn around. It’s not entirely the authors fault. A huge part of the problem was I was looking for suspense/thrillers and these books were basically romances with a little mild intrigue. Just not my cup of tea and not really what I think of for the genre. It did surprise me how many books these authors had published, their ratings etc, there were a lot of huge plot holes and grammar so poor I wasn’t sure who was doing what half the time. I don’t like to be to hard on anyone who’s willing to take that risk and put their creative ideas out there like that though.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have 95 books in my To Read folder on my kindle but 2 I'm really looking forward to when I'm done with my current book.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:43 pm May I suggest my current read "The Monk" by Matthew Gregory? It was written in 1794 about an influential Monk's fall from grace. It shows the depravity inside many people, not just a monk. Note that it's written shortly after the Reign of Terror.

Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll have to check it out:)
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm catching up the Rizzoli and Isles books, I have about 4 to go, I think. Then the Crooked Staircase by Dean Koontz.
Locked Previous topicNext topic