How often do you NOT finish a book?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I almost always finish all the books I start. I feel obligated to give the author's expression/message a chance & try to find something positive in it.

But lately this is growing more & more difficult. Currently, I am reading Jodi Picoult's "Spark of Light", and I am just bored. I know she is extremely popular as an author. I see the book all over. But it's just not grabbing me, like some other authors. And honestly, I don't even care how it ends. But I'm only about 1/3 done, so I suppose I should give it a little more effort...
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've only done it once. I only made it to page 5. I knew it wasn't my kind of book. But honestly I gave up after page 2.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have a few times. Sometimes I've put something down and picked it up a few months later...like I was just not in the mood for it at that moment, but it turns out to be a decent book.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Quite often. I read a LOT and get bored very very easily with books. Some are just too predictable, some are just full of bullshit, some take too long to get started, some I can't stand the characters and honestly don't care what happens to them. If a book is easy to put down then it's not worth picking it back up to me.

I put down almost every book I started for almost a year, it was horrible because I really do love to read. I just couldn't bring myself to continue.

That being said, I can't stand self help books, most non-fiction, biography, auto biography, etc.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:02 am Quite often. I read a LOT and get bored very very easily with books. Some are just too predictable, some are just full of bullshit, some take too long to get started, some I can't stand the characters and honestly don't care what happens to them. If a book is easy to put down then it's not worth picking it back up to me.

I put down almost every book I started for almost a year, it was horrible because I really do love to read. I just couldn't bring myself to continue.

That being said, I can't stand self help books, most non-fiction, biography, auto biography, etc.
Lol, I love lots of genres, self-help/psych & nonfiction books.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

caustib wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:55 am I have a few times. Sometimes I've put something down and picked it up a few months later...like I was just not in the mood for it at that moment, but it turns out to be a decent book.
I feel the same way. I feel like I should not judge the book until I finish it, lol!
Locked Previous topicNext topic