Finished Normal People

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

By Sally Rooney.

I rarely.dislike books, but this one was so depressing. I rated it 1 out of 5 stars. It was mostly just a book to reader mismatch as the author developed the characters in a thorough manner. But, dysfunctional, they were...

Has anyone else read it?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I haven’t even heard of it. I just read the synopsis, it sounds good. I also noticed it had a lot of positive reviews BUT there’s been several books I’ve read that had high positive reviews, but thought were awful.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:14 am I haven’t even heard of it. I just read the synopsis, it sounds good. I also noticed it had a lot of positive reviews BUT there’s been several books I’ve read that had high positive reviews, but thought were awful.
Yea, I read it because, it got 2nd place on the Good Reads, best fiction book of 2019. It may just be me, as I only read to gain knowledge or be entertained with creativity, suspense, romance, and/or exciting or happy endings . It had none of that. It was just reading about poor, train-wrecked people messing up their lives over & over...
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:14 am I haven’t even heard of it. I just read the synopsis, it sounds good. I also noticed it had a lot of positive reviews BUT there’s been several books I’ve read that had high positive reviews, but thought were awful.
Yea, I read it because, it got 2nd place on the Good Reads, best fiction book of 2019. It may just be me, as I only read to gain knowledge or be entertained with creativity, suspense, romance, and/or exciting or happy endings . It had none of that. It was just reading about poor, train-wrecked people messing up their lives over & over...
That doesn’t sound like it would be an enjoyable read at all. Like the synopsis sounds good but it doesn’t sound like the characters had any self realizations. I prefer fiction but either there has to be a thrill, action type excitement to it or character growth.
Locked Previous topicNext topic