Salem's Lot

Reedusstalker

Unread post

Anyone read it? I am reading it now
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I read it in 2002. I like how Stephen King presented vampirism like a sickness.
Amaranth
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

I read it a few years ago, after the mini series came out. I thought it was pretty good.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I finished"Revival" last week. During my book binge, I'm interested in his lesser-known work. Late last year, I read "Desperation" and "Duma Key."

I avoid his short stories (except for "Rage"). I prefer novels. Some readers think his short stories have better endings, so better all around. Ever read his short stories?
Jlop0004
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No, but the movie scared the hell out me when I was little.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I havent. I keep meaning to get into his books, but the only ones I've read are the Green mile books.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Read this in the late 1970's when it came out. It was the first Stephen King novel I had read, and it did scare the bejeesus out of me! I had never read an author who wrote such compelling characters - and then killed them off. This preceded all the current popularity of vampires in TV and books, and was one of the first novels to treat the subject with some realism. Fun!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 pm I finished"Revival" last week. During my book binge, I'm interested in his lesser-known work. Late last year, I read "Desperation" and "Duma Key."

I avoid his short stories (except for "Rage"). I prefer novels. Some readers think his short stories have better endings, so better all around. Ever read his short stories?
His short stories are often more concerned with the human condition - and the monsters that ordinary people can become - rather than supernatural themes. Some of these have become well produced movies such as "Stand by Me" and "The Shawshank Redemption"
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've read everything SK has ever written...well, fiction wise at least. LOL I'm not stalking his grocery list or anything.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I read it when the book came out, I was 14. I slept with the hall light on for 2 weeks afterwards. I stopped reading his novels after that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic