Poll for moms who want their family to eat healthier!

Momkatie
Peon

Unread post

Hello there! I’m creating a website for families that want to raise healthy kids and I would love some input!

1. What is your greatest motivation for wanting to cook, eat, and feed your family healthy meals?

2. What is your biggest obstacle you are facing that gets in the way of eating healthy and providing healthy meals for your family?

3. What would help you overcome this obstacle?

Thanks so much!!
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

1. I want them healthy

2. Picky eaters

3. No idea
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What’s your website called?
AmandaOrleander
Peon

Unread post

Eat lots of fruit and veg.
It's recommended that we eat at least five portions of a variety of fruit and veg every day. It's easier than it sounds. Use meal planner to keep track of your meals (I found my perfect one here https://onplanners.com/planners/best-fo ... thy-eating)

Eat less salt – no more than 6g a day for adults. Eating too much salt can raise your blood pressure. People with high blood pressure are more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke.

Get active and be a healthy weight. Eating a healthy, balanced diet plays an essential role in maintaining a healthy weight, which is an important part of overall good health.

Being overweight or obese can lead to health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease and stroke. Being underweight could also affect your health.
Lovehurts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

1. I want to raise my children to have healthy eating habits so that it would be easier for them to live a healthy life as adults.

2. Right now the biggest obstacle I have is with my oldest child. My younger two love nearly everything that I make and have no problems eating their vegetables. My oldest has been a very picky eater since he was first introduced to solid foods as an infant. He has food sensitivity and he doesn't do too well with a lot of food textures and certain flavors. This makes cooking a challenge.

3. Honestly I dont know. I try sneaky cooking, but that doesnt work all the time.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momkatie wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:08 pm Hello there! I’m creating a website for families that want to raise healthy kids and I would love some input!

1. What is your greatest motivation for wanting to cook, eat, and feed your family healthy meals?

To raise a healthy child who knows how to eat healthily.

2. What is your biggest obstacle you are facing that gets in the way of eating healthy and providing healthy meals for your family?

My daughter has a very sensitive gag reflex and texture issues and that made her a picky eater when she was little.

I just went with the flow and offered her healthy choices and eventually, she began to widen the range of foods she would eat and be willing to try. I never made mealtime a battle either. If she didn't like what I had prepared, I always had easy to cook or grab back-ups for her, even if it was just a pb&j sandwich and soup.
Thanks so much!!
jocarpenter101
Countess
Countess

Unread post

To help my daughters and DH improve their diets, shed some pounds and ultimately live healthier lives.

Opposition from the rest of the family. Both DH and the girls aren't really interested in healthy eating and so I get a lot of resistance from them.

Getting better at making healthy food they find appetizing and filling maybe? If I knew how to overcome my obstacles I'd already have done so, haha
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

1. My greatest motivation for serving healthy meals is to have a healthy family. Simple as that!

2. My children are omnivores, so that is not an obstacle like with many kids. So the greatest challenge to having healthy meals on a continuous basis is probably time because both my husband and I work full time with jobs that can demand work beyond normal working hours.

3. To overcome this obstacle we could make more meals in advance or plan better.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momkatie wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:08 pm Hello there! I’m creating a website for families that want to raise healthy kids and I would love some input!

1. What is your greatest motivation for wanting to cook, eat, and feed your family healthy meals? To teach them lifelong lessons of how to have a balanced diet

2. What is your biggest obstacle you are facing that gets in the way of eating healthy and providing healthy meals for your family? My DH he hates all vegetable and my son is following his direction

3. What would help you overcome this obstacle? Recipes on how to hide and different ways to cook vegetables

Thanks so much!!
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I hope OP comes back and tells us about her website.
Locked Previous topicNext topic