Organic vs non-organic

Deleted User 244

Unread post

Buying organic versus non-organic seems to inspire such passion for something that seems fairly benign to me. I buy some things organic, and some things I don’t care so much about. I do buy from local farms that use organic practices all summer long, but that’s more to support the local economy and environmentally responsible farming.

What do you think about organic versus non-organic?
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Moving to health/wellness
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I feel it really depends on the item that's being purchased and what the story behind things are. While I do like organic foods, there are a lot of things that are still being created by the suppliers of inorganic foods/materials, so it can be sketch.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I don't buy organic. I am not going to pay those prices.
Catching up
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I don't buy it to expensive
Fly away like a bird
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the whole organic trend is a crock of shit.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The main problem with "organic" is that it is mostly fear-based and rooted in pseudo-science. Organic pesticides can be just as harmful- if not MORE harmful than non-organic. People think organic means chemical-free. Well, everything is a chemical, everything. And yes, organic farmers still use pesticides.

If you want to read some really well informed articles about organic, follow some of these pages on FB. They do a really good job of explaining the science and the pros and cons.

We Love GMOs and Vaccines, Fitness Reloaded, Dr. Anna's Imaginarium, Do you even science Bro.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I buy organic when it’s on sale for less conventionally grown. Except for Dairy products, that’s always organic.
Nebbioloschnebbiolo
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My garden is organic, and I buy many organic products (tofu, peanut butter, most produce), but I don't care about some things, like bananas. They have a thick skin.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

With a lot of produce - like strawberries, grapes, cucumbers and apples, I can taste a very unpleasant chemical residue on conventional products. It is not there on the organic or local farm stand items. I guess being older, and remembering how good things used to taste, I may be more sensitive to the chemicals used. And somethings - like watermelon and tomatoes - taste nothing like they once did, unless you get it locally or grow your own.

I also prefer hormone-free chicken, beef and milk. If they are potent enough to alter the growth or milk production of those animals, then I don't want them in my body.
Locked Previous topicNext topic